Wide Receivers this year

We have so much talent at the wide receiver position this year. I'm not sure if any team can cover us, even if we go 5 wide which I think we should. obviously Bell, Turner and Enuwa are great but I am excited for Westercamp. and Moore. IMO Moore will have a break out year this year and be a star here at Nebraska before he's done here. He is so fast and explosive. Who else agrees?

I dont think we're gonna see much of Moore this year-similar to Turner when he was a freshman. Bo was pretty adament that he is very raw and has a lot of work to do in order to develop into the player that he has all the potential and talent to be.

Westerkamp on the other hand. He's obviously a natural right now. Either way, that gives us 4 solid choices, and, with Long and Cotton showing something at TE, it should still be a god's plenty.

We have so much talent at the wide receiver position this year. I'm not sure if any team can cover us, even if we go 5 wide which I think we should. obviously Bell, Turner and Enuwa are great but I am excited for Westercamp. and Moore. IMO Moore will have a break out year this year and be a star here at Nebraska before he's done here. He is so fast and explosive. Who else agrees?

I disagree going 5 wide will be an advantage for us. Martinez doesn't have the arm to completely, 100%, utilize the talent we have at WR. Don't get me wrong, we have, probably, the best receiving core in the nation, but if you don't have a QB who can throw a 25+ yard ball accurate, you won't be taking full advantage of the weapons you have. Our WR's have to stop or slow down still to get the ball, rather than chase it down and make a big play. We also need to improve on our pass protection, to have anyone successful in the passing game.

Disclaimer: I am not, in no way shape or form, a Martinez hater. I love the kids heart and strength, and I think he is the best option as a starter. The most talented QB, no.

All those WRs are great. We have an embarrassment of riches at the position right now - probably the most pure talent/depth at WR that we've ever had. But none of that matters if we can't get them the ball. The WR's catching the ball is only about 25% of the picture.

It starts with the O Line. Run blocking was getting pretty good last year, consistent mashing by the uglies up front opened a lot of holes for Ameer and Martinez, and SuperRex when he was healthy. But pass protection was hit-and-miss, and while they did well enough in the short-term, Martinez didn't have a lot of time in the pocket. So if we can get the line solidified and make a safe pocket for Martinez, that will get us halfway there.

The other 25% of the equation is getting Martinez even more comfortable as a passing QB. He made great strides last season, improving his footwork, field vision, accuracy and decision-making noticeably over 2011. He's already gone back to the guru Mr. Calhoun during Spring Break (how's that, Martinez bashers?) and he's committed to going back to his camp this summer again. If he makes a bit more progress over the next few months, studies as hard as he did last year and strives for perfection, Martinez could easily hit 65% of his passes this year.

Run the ball. Control the clock. Get the opposing Dline on their heels instead of their knuckles. Play action. Run after catch. Don't turn ball over. Win the game! As much fun as it would be to throw it all over the place, Taylor wasn't made the starter his freshman year to throw it all over the yard. I'm sure we are all worried about under utilizing our perceived best position group, but I also think we can agree that pass protection has been an issue. It would be nice if there were ways to get the ball in our WRs hands creatively. But I'm still a believer in running the ball and shortening the game. If would could get a dominant defense again, we would start to resemble the formula Alabama is currently finding success with.

There was enough complaining last fall when we had a top 10 rushing team that we threw too much. I don't want to imagine the meltdown HB would have if we came out with 5 WR's consistantly.

I'm not saying consistently I'm saying we should do that some times. I find it hard to believe any team could cover all of our talent at receiver. It will also open up for TM to run up the middle.

Year 3 for Martinez in the same system. Not to mention Bell, Quince, JT, AA etc. Other than TE we have something offensively we haven't had in a while. Guys in the system, at the same for position for more than a year. If the big uglies can give him time, our WR's have a chance to be great. This would force the D to stay out of the box allowing Martinez, AA, Cross et al to run. I have not been the biggest Beck supporter, but I like what I am hearing from the team about the O. I also like that Beck has really seemed to improve in his play calling, he, like any new guy has made mistakes. I really hope that this year it will all come together. I also think we see an even more diversified play book now that our skill guys have been in it for several years. Looking forward to it for sure.

IMO, after just a few weeks with Calhoun Martinez looked like a different guy. Imagine another "off season". Solidify what he learned last year and improve in some other areas. The OL gives him time, I really see him as an early Hypesman runner. Kid is a baller.

We know what we have here. OT is my only concern on offense. We will have two future NFL players at Guard. Center we will be fine. Who will step up at OT???? Finnin???? Maybe Chongo????? Sirles??? Who's it gonna be???

We know what we have here. OT is my only concern on offense. We will have two future NFL players at Guard. Center we will be fine. Who will step up at OT???? Finnin???? Maybe Chongo????? Sirles??? Who's it gonna be???

Sirles will be one. And there was more than one occasion where he was the best lineman in the game last fall for the pipeline