Shatel: Pelini a point of pride for Nebraska, minus all the points allowed

good article. Pelini needs to keep doing what he's doing with the players in the classroom and off the field. if the talent can get back up to the level it was at in 2009, and beck can keep the offense rolling, then nebraska will be in very good shape, there should be a huge jumo in talent in the front seven this year, and the saftey position. sure there will be some growing pains, but the offense should be able to overcome those and by the end of the year, i think we'll see a very good team out there on the field. its nice to see a coach who knows there are more inportant things in life, than the four years these kids will play football. good coach even better person

Dude, use some punctuation lol! I almost died with not being able to take a breathe reading that!

Just for the sake of the old people on here, I edited in some punctuation. I left the spelling and capitalization alone :)

didnt know grammer was so important on this board; should i also use MLA or APA format?

Why state this towards just me? Its not like I am the only person who said something about your lack of punctuation. I wasn't saying anything about your "grammar". Just saving the people on here the massive headache trying to piece together what you were saying, let alone help them read it.

Run_On_Sentence.jpg

sorry dude didnt mean to put you on the spot. i should have added one of those insert sarcasm things since i wasnt actually being serious.

http://journalstar.c...9c3aac1161.html

“You tell your players: Don’t read the blogs, don’t do this and that. But they’re human, they hear it, they see it,” the Nebraska football coach said at the recently concluded Big Ten Media Days. “I as much worry about it when things are going good as when things are going bad … because they ride the waves.

“You guys know. Not just the media, but I’m talking with the fan base, or in town. You play good and you’re the ’85 Bears. You lose and the sky is falling. Or you don’t play well and the world’s coming to an end. There’s not a lot of middle ground.”

“LSU is into it, Oklahoma was into it,” Pelini said. “But the constant seven days a week, 365 days a year, it’s different here than those places. It’s not as constant a barrage of it at some of the others places I’ve been. It’s kind of compartmentalized a little bit where the players aren’t slammed over the head with it every day of the year. That is a challenge here.

“But it just is the way it is. It’s not going away. And believe me, the fans' passion for it, and the media, that’s a positive. But there are issues with that, too, that relate to our football team and how you keep them focused and heading in a certain direction.”

What exactly is incorrect with what he said?

Possibly nothing, though I highly doubt Nebraska fans are any worse than Oklahoma or LSU fans. He forgets he was a coordinator at those schools, not a head coach. To me, it just comes across as excuse making, and I know of plenty of people who agree. My point is that there is no good reason to make that statement. It does you a disservice in two ways. First, it seems as if you are lamenting the passion of your fans, rather than embracing it. Second, it seems as if you are giving your players a reason to say "well, THAT'S why we didn't play well".

We all know Pelini fosters the "us against the world" mentality. I just don't get creating angst against your fan base.

Possibly nothing, though I highly doubt Nebraska fans are any worse than Oklahoma or LSU fans. He forgets he was a coordinator at those schools, not a head coach. To me, it just comes across as excuse making, and I know of plenty of people who agree. My point is that there is no good reason to make that statement. It does you a disservice in two ways. First, it seems as if you are lamenting the passion of your fans, rather than embracing it. Second, it seems as if you are giving your players a reason to say "well, THAT'S why we didn't play well".

We all know Pelini fosters the "us against the world" mentality. I just don't get creating angst against your fan base.

We critique our football a lot more than those other schools, believe it or not. Husker Football is all we really have to root for, as its one of the most popular sports out there. That, and we are one of the most knowledgeable fan bases out there, and that is why we are always looking for answers. Even if its for the smallest problem or question. Until there are more relevant sports out there, with a lot of success for Nebraska, the heat will always be there. I don't think Bo meant anything negative out of what he said.

I for one, have never heard Bo blame a loss on the fans, let alone I have never heard him say anything negative about the fans. He knows how passionate we are, and he knew this BEFORE he came back as a HC. This was expected from him, as he got a taste of it when he was our DC once before.

The only thing Bo has ever stated toward our fan base, that you could consider "negative", was when he made the comment about our fans being quite in the Kansas game. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was due to the extent that he didn't like it, and expected more noise.

http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/official/practice-report-1115-bo-bemoans-quiet-husker-crowd-4040

"'I thought it was dead,' he said. 'I thought it was disappointing. I felt like I was at a scrimmage.'

Could go either way. More negative than positive, but nothing too bad.

We critique our football a lot more than those other schools, believe it or not.

There is no way you can quantify this. It is purely subjective.

We critique our football a lot more than those other schools, believe it or not.

And Bo Pelini's subjective opinion is that it's different and more passionate here. Yet you claim he is wrong, even though you claim it's a subjective thing.

You say he forgets that he was a coordinator at those schools - I'm sure he doesn't forget that. However, I think you forget that he was, you know, actually at those schools. Probably has better perspective.

And Bo Pelini's subjective opinion is that it's different and more passionate here. Yet you claim he is wrong, even though you claim it's a subjective thing.

You say he forgets that he was a coordinator at those schools - I'm sure he doesn't forget that. However, I think you forget that he was, you know, actually at those schools. Probably has better perspective.

In fact, I never made any declarative statement about the correctness of his quote. I said I don't get why he made it.

BushWall128.gif

good article Pelini needs to keep doing what he's doing with the players in the classroom and off the field if the talent can get back up to the level it was at in 2009 and beck can keep the offense rolling then nebraska will be in very good shape there should be a huge jumo in talent in the front seven this year and the saftey position sure there will be some growing pains but the offense should be able to overcome those and by the end of the year i think we'll see a very good team out there on the field its nice to see a coach who knows there are more inportant things in life than the four years these kids will play football good coach even better person

Yes. Yes yes. My new favorite poster.

More posting, less punctuation. Thanks.

good article Pelini needs to keep doing what he's doing with the players in the classroom and off the field if the talent can get back up to the level it was at in 2009 and beck can keep the offense rolling then nebraska will be in very good shape there should be a huge jumo in talent in the front seven this year and the saftey position sure there will be some growing pains but the offense should be able to overcome those and by the end of the year i think we'll see a very good team out there on the field its nice to see a coach who knows there are more inportant things in life than the four years these kids will play football good coach even better person

not sure less punctuation is possible but i'll try

I think you meant Ill try not I'll try, your welcome!

Obviously not hard enough.

• Fire 1

I mostly like Pelini, I just think he needs to be smarter. He tends to be needlessly confrontational with reporters and fans, and this is what people see on a day to day basis. They hear him saying NU fans expect too much, or they are more critical than LSU, or blaming fans' emotions for the players emotions after big wins or big losses. It just comes off as excuses and whining on Pelini's part. They hear him making comments after the first Wisconsin game like "Contrary to some what some people think, I didn't forget how to coach defense"... guess what, when you give up 63 and 70 points, people are going to bring that back up. Bo is a 6th year head coach that could still benefit from a few classes in public relations.

Besides the Wisconsin quote can you please provide references for your other accusations of things that he's said? I can't recall any of those things.

Same here. I would like specific quotes of when he's been needlessly confrontational with fans.

Media? Sure he has. But he's a firey guy. He wears his emotions on his sleeves. As a media person, if you dont wanna get hollared at, then dont ask such a stupid ass question.

Oh, I think it's probably too technical for you, but I think in the broad spectrum of adjustments, just playing the quarterback a little bit better on the zone read in terms of the front assignments...

oops, wrong coach.

So, yeah Bo is better than up to here (makes throat slash motion) than that other guy.