***Official NBA Playoff Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I didn't see a foul on Manu. Some contact but not a foul. Bosh could have been a foul but I'm not sure anybody gets that call.

Just stop with the "he was going for the ball." You don't have the right to run someone over just because you're "going for the ball."

Manu didn't get ran over.

I didn't say he did. In fact, I said just the opposite.

so why should I say stop "he was going for ball" since he was going for the ball. if allen didn't get his hands on the ball, manu doesn't get stripped. Manu didn't lose the ball all by himself.

Look at the trend. Spurs, Heat, Spurs, Heat, Spurs, Heat, ......SPURS!!!

Heat haven't won back-to-back games in the last two series.

they also didn't have game 6 and 7 at home like they do this series.

But the did have back to back home games earlier this series which didn't help and last series which didn't help.

I'll give you the block, but the strip of Manu? Come on man. It never should have gotten to that point anyway had the Spurs made just one more free-throw, but to say that strip of Manu was clean is f'ing ridiculous.

no it's not. if anything that should be called was Manu travelling. They weren't going for the arms but the ball.

It doesn't matter if you're going for the ball. If you rake someones arm from the ball rather than hitting the ball, it's a foul. You seriously don't know what you're talking about here. I get the impression you never played the sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us9uVuW2yQc

ray allen got ball and he forced it out. jeff van gundy is wrong. there was no raking across his arms. plus if anything manu travelled before he got "fouled".

You must be blind.

manu's drive was not a foul. they were going for the ball.

Bosh's block wasn't a foul because he got all ball. Green was also going backwards in effort to shoot the ball over Bosh.

no it's not. if anything that should be called was Manu travelling. They weren't going for the arms but the ball.

so why should I say stop "he was going for ball" since he was going for the ball. if allen didn't get his hands on the ball, manu doesn't get stripped. Manu didn't lose the ball all by himself.

BECAUSE "GOING FOR THE BALL" DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANY CONTACT YOU WANT. IT CAN STILL BE A FOUL EVEN IF YOU ARE "GOING FOR THE BALL".

• Fire 1

I'll give you the block, but the strip of Manu? Come on man. It never should have gotten to that point anyway had the Spurs made just one more free-throw, but to say that strip of Manu was clean is f'ing ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if you're going for the ball. If you rake someones arm from the ball rather than hitting the ball, it's a foul. You seriously don't know what you're talking about here. I get the impression you never played the sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us9uVuW2yQc

ray allen got ball and he forced it out. jeff van gundy is wrong. there was no raking across his arms. plus if anything manu travelled before he got "fouled".

You must be blind.

you are just seeing things.

manu's drive was not a foul. they were going for the ball.

Bosh's block wasn't a foul because he got all ball. Green was also going backwards in effort to shoot the ball over Bosh.

BECAUSE "GOING FOR THE BALL" DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANY CONTACT YOU WANT. IT CAN STILL BE A FOUL EVEN IF YOU ARE "GOING FOR THE BALL".

considering he had one hand on the ball and the other away from Manu he didn't foul

I didn't see a foul on Manu. Some contact but not a foul. Bosh could have been a foul but I'm not sure anybody gets that call.

Just stop with the "he was going for the ball." You don't have the right to run someone over just because you're "going for the ball."

Hypothetical time:

I'm a defender, trying to prevent the opposing team's player from scoring, which will put them up by 1 with about 3 seconds left in a pivotal game in the series--if we lose, we lose the NBA Championship. It's a fast break, and I'm the only guy between the other team and an NBA Championship. He rises up for the lay-up and while he does that I try to strip the ball by doing a roundhouse kick. It lands and the guy goes down. Should I be outraged that a foul was called on me? I was just going for the ball!!!!

There are three parts which eventually culminatie into whether a foul is or is not called. 1) Intention--what did the player intend to do? As per Ray Allen in Game 6, he intended to strip the ball from Manu. That doesn't mean squat though, parts 2&3 mean everything. 2) Execution--did the player cleanly execute what he intended to do? Again, using Allen, he didn't; he raked his arm across Manu's arm while going for the ball. That is by definition a foul. Finally, and here is why I wasn't too upset with the no-call: 3) Referee's Consistency--were the referee's calling that foul all game long? The answer is no, they weren't. In fact, if you look just a few minutes before that play, you'll see LeBron being defended the same way. What was the end result? No foul and a bunch of LeBron crying.

And yes, HuskerShark is never wrong. My signature, which is also never wrong, says so.

Hypothetical time:

I'm a defender, trying to prevent the opposing team's player from scoring, which will put them up by 1 with about 3 seconds left in a pivotal game in the series--if we lose, we lose the NBA Championship. It's a fast break, and I'm the only guy between the other team and an NBA Championship. He rises up for the lay-up and while he does that I try to strip the ball by doing a roundhouse kick. It lands and the guy goes down. Should I be outraged that a foul was called on me? I was just going for the ball!!!!

There are three parts which eventually culminatie into whether a foul is or is not called. 1) Intention--what did the player intend to do? As per Ray Allen in Game 6, he intended to strip the ball from Manu. That doesn't mean squat though, parts 2&3 mean everything. 2) Execution--did the player cleanly execute what he intended to do? Again, using Allen, he didn't; he raked his arm across Manu's arm while going for the ball. That is by definition a foul. Finally, and here is why I wasn't too upset with the no-call: 3) Referee's Consistency--were the referee's calling that foul all game long? The answer is no, they weren't. In fact, if you look just a few minutes before that play, you'll see LeBron being defended the same way. What was the end result? No foul and a bunch of LeBron crying.

And yes, HuskerShark is never wrong. My signature, which is also never wrong, says so.

legs are illegal. whether kicking the ball or tripping. You all keep saying Manu gets raked but he doesn't and I even posted a video refuting that claim. Just because two announcers say Manu got fouled doesn't mean he did. JVG often says "that's a foul to me" while Breen kisses up to JVG. the refs aren't going to blow the whistle to decide a game. Finals are called differently.

If Lebron takes off his headband off again, it's over.

lol, it is really weird to see him on the court without it on. There were times where I actually had to look closely to try and find him on the court.

I never realized how HUGE is head is until he took the headband off, he sort of looks like an alien.

legs are illegal. whether kicking the ball or tripping. You all keep saying Manu gets raked but he doesn't and I even posted a video refuting that claim. Just because two announcers say Manu got fouled doesn't mean he did. JVG often says "that's a foul to me" while Breen kisses up to JVG. the refs aren't going to blow the whistle to decide a game. Finals are called differently.

I really do hope that you took the hyperbole out of my post and understood the point I was trying to make.