The Christian Response to Jason Collins

They are sins according to the Bible and Ten Commandments. Not just the Catholic Church. But to answer your question, yes.

Maybe. But I am not sure where it is written in the Commandments or the bible that divorce is a sin. And I am sure if a person were to research back far enough, divorce was illegal. I think even in the 50's and maybe 60's a woman couldn't get a divorce without the permission of the man. Things evolved over time and now it is very commonplace here in the States.

But back to your post. The Catholic Church BELIEVES divorce is a sin. All religions KNOW the above mentioned activities are a sin.

Please quote correctly. I said nothing of the sort :)

Sorry Jr. the quote button said my number of quotes didn't match. I must of edited them incorrectly.

I am not sure what just happened here but The Commandments says something against adultery, right? So the first bolded statement is true, right? Because regardless of gay or straight, if you have sex outside of marriage, that is adultery, right? So I am not sure why you would be shocked and saddened, but hey to each his own.

And in response to the 2nd bolded item. Since you quoted Leviticus. Chapter 18 and 20 has passages against it. So again, not sure why the sadness, but the sun will come up tomorrow.

I will admit I was off on the BELIEF of sin on divorce. but in my defense, I said I wasn't sure where it was written.

Jesus didnt' specifically mention homosexuality but he referred to the way that marriage was designed between a man and a woman so I mean that's really all that needs to be understood.

Once you get the answer you are looking for, close the book. Got it.

Jesus didnt' specifically mention homosexuality but he referred to the way that marriage was designed between a man and a woman so I mean that's really all that needs to be understood.

Where in the Bible does it proclaim that you are a bad Christian if you allow a country's government to recognize a union of two people of the same sex as a legal entity as it pertains to tax's, laws, health matters...etc.?

Are you saying that if he kept reading there would be something that showed Jesus encouraging gay marriage?

I am not sure what just happened here but The Commandments says something against adultery, right? So the first bolded statement is true, right? Because regardless of gay or straight, if you have sex outside of marriage, that is adultery, right? So I am not sure why you would be shocked and saddened, but hey to each his own.

And in response to the 2nd bolded item. Since you quoted Leviticus. Chapter 18 and 20 has passages against it. So again, not sure why the sadness, but the sun will come up tomorrow.

I will admit I was off on the BELIEF of sin on divorce. but in my defense, I said I wasn't sure where it was written.

1. A gay couple married in a christian church aren't committing adultry when they have sex with one another. Correct?

2. My Leviticus quotes were in the section that says: ""You can make a much stronger textual case against woman preaching or divorce or in favor of slavery or women being submissive than you can against same gender relationships. Each time we have faced one of these issues, we have thought it prudent to disregard Biblical precedent in favor of Biblical principle."

Are you saying that if he kept reading there would be something that showed Jesus encouraging gay marriage?

"We should be open to new truth from Scripture. Even heroes of the Christian faith have changed their minds about the meaning of various Biblical texts." Falwell and many others believed the Bible supported segregation.

"the Bible accepts sexual practices that we condemn and condemns sexual practices that we accept"

The Apostle Paul says, “Test all things and hold fast to that which is good.”

1. A gay couple married in a christian church aren't committing adultry when they have sex with one another. Correct?

2. My Leviticus quotes were in the section that says: ""You can make a much stronger textual case against woman preaching or divorce or in favor of slavery or women being submissive than you can against same gender relationships. Each time we have faced one of these issues, we have thought it prudent to disregard Biblical precedent in favor of Biblical principle."

#1. If there is a Christian Church that recognizes it, correct. But that wasn't your question mentioned above. You specifically mentioned sex only. Not married sex.

And again, not sure why you are shocked and saddened.

#1. If there is a Christian Church that recognizes it, correct. But that wasn't your question mentioned above. You specifically mentioned sex only. Not married sex.

And again, not sure why you are shocked and saddened.

I am shocked and sadden that you assume that all Homosexual Sex is a sin, that you write "if there is a Christian Church that recognizes it" as if you have never heard that multiple christian denomination welcome same-sex marriage ceremonies in the states that provide this legal right to same sex couples.

This is a strawman question from so many different angles I don't even know how to approach it.

Where in the Bible does it proclaim that you are a bad Christian if you allow a country's government to recognize a union of two people of the same sex as a legal entity as it pertains to tax's, laws, health matters...etc.?

Where in my post did I imply that it did or that I was in favor of that?