Great new Husker Football Book coming out soon

Hello everyone, it's a long offseason so I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about a project that's been near and dear to me for the last 4 years. I was a Husker strength coach from '87-'95 and am presently putting the finishing touches on a book about the 90's Natl Champ years that will absolutely floor you. Two 800+ pg book volumes or digital Kindle format (which would you prefer most?), it's titled "No Place Like Nebraska: Anatomy of an Era" & is non-stop behind-the-scenes insights, stories, anecdotes and revelations fully exposing NU Football's glory age by over 100 of the coaches, players & staffers who made it all happen. Maybe I'll share a few snippets here and there in the coming weeks here on HuskerBoard as it's readied for release. I hope Husker fans will have just as much fun reading it as I've had writing it. GBR!!

• Fire 9

For anyone wondering, the OP has gone through the proper channels and gotten this thread approved with the Admins. Please do the same before posting a thread about a blog or a product. Thanks! :thumbs

Regarding the book itself - sounds great, and I'd prefer a book rather than an e-copy, too. Nothing like having that physical book in your hands to read.

• Fire 1

Thanks for your responses everybody. Keep 'em coming. Like I said earlier, I'm pushing for a late summer/early fall release date via Amazon.com.

Here is a little snippet from one of the chapters about one of my favorite guys from that era:

Subject: Brook Berringer. From my upcoming book "No Place Like Nebraska" here is what former NU FB/Grad. Asst. Coach Chad Stanley had to share: "He was so skinny when he pulled up as a freshman. He pulled up in a Mustang, and Brook always drove in such a hurry, like his hair was on fire. (laughs) He was late to the first dorm meeting and he slid up sideways going 70 coming in from the I-80. He was 190 then an...d by the time he left he was 230 lbs. He was a man. But a good student, a smart guy. He was gonna be a pilot someday, and as the outpouring of grief and support showed, he kind of epitomized what was good about Midwestern life and character and hard work and what a Nebraska football player should represent, down to its core. Not just football but off the field, as well, being a good student and all. He was kind of like Clark Kent back then. He was larger than life." Well said, Chad. RIP Brook

• Fire 2

Hello everyone, it's a long offseason so I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about a project that's been near and dear to me for the last 4 years. I was a Husker strength coach from '87-'95 and am presently putting the finishing touches on a book about the 90's Natl Champ years that will absolutely floor you. Two 800+ pg book volumes or digital Kindle format (which would you prefer most?), it's titled "No Place Like Nebraska: Anatomy of an Era" & is non-stop behind-the-scenes insights, stories, anecdotes and revelations fully exposing NU Football's glory age by over 100 of the coaches, players & staffers who made it all happen. Maybe I'll share a few snippets here and there in the coming weeks here on HuskerBoard as it's readied for release. I hope Husker fans will have just as much fun reading it as I've had writing it. GBR!!

Thanks Paul.

Folks we have an excellent opportunity to learn a little more about the inner-workings of the greatest era in Nebraska football history (at least up to now :)).

Please feel free to ask the author questions about his experiences, the book and why he decided to write it. He may offer up some cool pieces of information or not. Gotta save something for the book!!

Thank you Paul for letting us be apart of this.

I definitely look forward to getting this book and reading it. I am not much of a reader, but when something like this comes along, I can't help myself but to pick up the book and start digging in.

Any other names out there that we can expect to hear from in the book that may get us more excited, or pull some others in that are on the fence? Cory, Schlesinger, Brenden Stai, Grant Winstrom, Peters brothers, Mike Minter, Milt Tenopir, Ron Brown, Charlie McBride, Frank Solich, Turner Gill and/or the Grandfather of all... Tom Osborne?

The book is chock-full of interviews, HuskerNationNick.

It'll be in a format where you'll feel as if you are sitting right there alongside us in a bar drinking a few beers and just talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff that made the victories so sweet, the practices so entertaining, the friendships so strong, the lessons learned so applicable, and the Husker fans & brand so special during that time.

Here are just a few names:Matt Turman, Boyd Epley,Brenden Stai, Zach Weigert, Dr. Jack Stark, Gerry Gdowski, George Darlington, Adam Treu, Joel Wilks, Tony Samuel, Trainer Doak Ostergard, Trev Alberts, Matt Vrzal, Kevin Raemakers, Barron Miles, Rob Zatechka, Tony Veland, Clinton Childs, Trainer George Sullivan, Tom Osborne, Cory Schlesinger, Milt Tenopir, Terry Connealy, Chris Dishman, Aaron Taylor, Jared Tomich, Charlie McBride, Ed Stewart, Jason Peter, Darin Erstad, Dan Young, Christian Peter, Aaron Graham, Calvin Jones, Ahman Green, Radio Man Kent Pavelka & many many more. If you don't own this book you're not a real Husker fan. Period! LOL

This sounds great Paul. I will definitely be getting a hard copy and possible an additional Kindle copy so I always have it available on my phone as well. It's always nice to have good reading material available when you're on the go and what better to read about than the Big Red. Love the behind the scenes glimpses into this era of Husker football.

When and where can I get a copy, and how much do I have to spend?

He said late summer/early fall on Amazon. The price tag was not mentioned but we know that isn't going to stop you.

you know me too well

Hey ADS, thanks for asking. We haven't dialed our price in yet, but my best guess at this point is $9.99 for a digital copy and maybe around $14.99 each for the two hard copy volumes. Quite a steal considering the amount of stuff it contains. Most publishers would likely turn it into a 6-10 volume set and charge $18-20 each, but I want "No Place Like Nebraska" in every Nebraska fan's hands by Christmas Morning so I'm making it as cheap as possible, considering printing costs and the like.

This was a work from the heart and my grand passion to get all of the great Nebraska Football backstory out into Huskerdom and the entirer college football world, so I want to set the price low enough that no one ever has to second guess the value they'll be getting. It'll be the equivalent of a Husker Bible..and beleive it or not, it actually contains more words than the Holy Bible! No lie. It's huge and it's beautiful. LOL GBR!