Whose 2012 season would you rather have?

Pick a season, any season  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Ohio State and Penn State view Wisconsin's championship?

I can pretty much guess what Ohio State thinks of it.

Considering Ohio St bought themselves rings to commemorate their "championship", I think that speaks for itself.

Did they actually do that. I thought it was a rumor........that's pretty funny.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Ohio State and Penn State view Wisconsin's championship?

Considering Ohio St bought themselves rings to commemorate their "championship", I think that speaks for itself.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/64692-tosu-are-douches-get-rings-for-banned-season/

http://www.huskerboa...-banned-season/

Wow...

And that's an entertaining thread......love the pics.

If we had Wisconsin's season everyone would be crying that we beat down on a depleated broken down team in the CCG missing their best DT having to move a DE inside because of all the injuries, and losing their starting center on O. Not to mention probably our best LB early in the season. The excuses would be flying..."if they were healthy we never would have beat them" Barely beating Northern Iowa by 4, should have lost to Utah State.

We were just a broken down team at the end of the year, with the time off we got healthier and gave Georgia a game, still missing vital pieces on defense.

3 elite players (1-3 round NFL draft picks) one at each level (DL LB S) and we are a dominate team.

No one would be crying that. Especially not when we played within a touchdown of a top 5 (or were they 6) 12 win team in the Rose Bowl. It's not like we lost Martinez.

I don't think a DT is going to somehow keep them from scoring 70 points on us. Maybe only 60? When you win by that margin - there aren't any excuses. You were just flat out taken to the shed. The difference between teams in that game was very similar to us playing Idaho State. We looked no better.

As for 3 elite players....sorry, Baker was not elite (and not sure how you got 1-3 round NFL pick since he didn't even go). Anderson may become elite but he wasn't last season. We saw a handful of games and liked what we saw but a LBer going down early in the season can not be used an excuse for a 70 point drilling late in the season. And safety. There was nothing elite about our safeties last season.

Do you honestly think anyone would be saying that if we beat Miami by 40 points?

Yes. We never won our division, while we also got our ass handed to us by Colorado. After that loss, I never thought we deserved to be there, whether we would have beat Miami or not.

If we had beaten Miami in 2001 everyone associated with college football, from media to fans, would be talking about how that championship should have an asterisk. They'd be saying it whenever that game was brought up.

University of Alabama 2011

anyone say they need an asterisk?

Yes.

Do you honestly think anyone would be saying that if we beat Miami by 40 points?

Yes. We never won our division, while we also got our ass handed to us by Colorado. After that loss, I never thought we deserved to be there, whether we would have beat Miami or not.

If we had beaten Miami in 2001 everyone associated with college football, from media to fans, would be talking about how that championship should have an asterisk. They'd be saying it whenever that game was brought up.

A 40 point blowout in the National title game would be the counter point to that argument.

And no one, aside from a handful of delusional Miami fans, would try to argue that Miami had a more successful season if they got clobbered in the championship game.

A 40 point blowout in the National title game would be the counter point to that argument.

And no one, aside from a handful of delusional Miami fans, would try to argue that Miami had a more successful season if they got clobbered in the championship game.

Not following you. Are you saying we'd have had to beat them by 40 to remove that asterisk?

Only difference is we didn't get there by "default". Yes we lost to CU for the conference championship but we were still a top 5 program going into the game. That situation could be compared to Bama getting to the title game a couple years ago to rematch the division rival who beat them on their home field keeping them from even playing in the CCG.

Who said we got there by default? I sure didn't. Top 5 sure, but we weren't top 2, or even 3 IMO. Miami, Colorado and Oregon were ranked above us going into the bowl game (AP Bowl). Florida would also be another team I would have ranked higher than us that year too. Oregon should have easily been there, not Nebraska. They lost to Stanford that year, by a TD IIRC AND won their conference. They also gave Colorado a complete ass whooping in the Fiesta Bowl. We got there out of pure luck, which should have never happened. Our situation is compared to exactly what Alabama had, except they didn't get blown out, they lost by a field goal. Alabama should have never went to the MNC that year either.

Not following you. Are you saying we'd have had to beat them by 40 to remove that asterisk?

It would dispel any notion that there should be an asterisk in the first place. It's difficult to argue a team didn't belong there if they go there and dominate.

If we'd a had a 7-5 regular season-close losses or not-and got into the CCG game because Michigan and Northwestern were ineligible because of sanctions and still won that game, Bo probably would not have been around to coach the bowl game.

Or am I reaching to far on that scenario?

I think you are right on. But Bo wasn't that far away - some of those wins could have been a loss very easily

It would dispel any notion that there should be an asterisk in the first place. It's difficult to argue a team didn't belong there if they go there and dominate.

Would they have been able to dominate as such against anyone other than a rematch against a team that barely beat them already. You know how rematches are, especially in college football.

Would they have been able to dominate as such against anyone other than a rematch against a team that barely beat them already. You know how rematches are, especially in college football.

In our hypothetical scenario, yes. Nebraska just waltzed in and dominated that title game against Miami.

But that's not where the analogy falls apart. The reason anyone would put an asterisk on Nebraska's title in that situation is because you could argue they weren't the best eligible team to be selected for that game. You can't say that about Wisconsin last year. They were absolutely the best eligible team in their division.

University of Alabama 2011

anyone say they need an asterisk?

I give them one in 2009 for never beating Boise St.