SIGNED S Joshua Kalu

Never the team to beat with Blackwood

Fair enough, maybe team to beat with Blackwood might have been a little strong, but he did say it was awesome and amazing, then committed elsewhere. Unless it is a quick check in to get the parents blessing today, I still think it is a bad sign to not get the commit right away when he was open to it before the visit.

When you find a recruit that doesn't say this about their visit, let me know.

Fair enough, maybe team to beat with Blackwood might have been a little strong, but he did say it was awesome and amazing, then committed elsewhere. Unless it is a quick check in to get the parents blessing today, I still think it is a bad sign to not get the commit right away when he was open to it before the visit.

How many times does the staff take a commitment on the spot? They usually say they should give it time and think about it. So why would this be any different?

How many times does the staff take a commitment on the spot? They usually say they should give it time and think about it. So why would this be any different?

From this class: Mosley, Foster, Newell (silent), Farmer, and Brown. But, I agree with your general sentiment. The coaching staff does not seem to apply pressure to recruits to commit on the spot. They tell them to go home and make sure it feels right first. The ones that commit during their visit make that decision themselves.

From this class: Mosley, Foster, Newell (silent), Farmer, and Brown. But, I agree with your general sentiment. The coaching staff does not seem to apply pressure to recruits to commit on the spot. They tell them to go home and make sure it feels right first. The ones that commit during their visit make that decision themselves.

I think that the approach is fairly effective as well. It doesn't seem like we have as many decommits as other programs. We will have a decommit here or there though. Will happen.

Yup. Our coaches and players sell the program and the coaches tell the kids to be sure, especially if they haven't really thought it through. Just because they aren't closing like cheesy used car salesmen doesn't mean thy aren't effectively recruiting. And we clearly do accept commitments on visits when the kid has had a chance to talk with his folks and everyone seems comfortable with it.

Further, it helps to find kids with integrity and encourages proper attitudes. We're teaching kids to act like thoughtful adults, rather than just doing whatever is necessary to get what we want. You treat kids like playing cards and you get bill callahan or lane kiffin.

(Ha, how many recruiting geeks slobbered over the idea of what a guy like lane kiffin could do at NU.)

(Ha, how many recruiting geeks slobbered over the idea of what a guy like lane kiffin could do at NU.)

You know he was Bo's original OC when he interviewed for Pedey

There are reasons why rejects from Bo's staff have made their way to USC.

There are reasons why rejects from Bo's staff have made their way to USC.

And Kiffens little brother was a GA here under Bo

I've heard that before and wonder if it's true. Bo came up in the pros under Carroll, so there was certainly a connection with SC. Also have to wonder if lane would have had a different, less sleazy, approach to coaching if he'd spent time under pelini. Doubt it though.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that before and wonder if it's true. Bo came up in the pros under Carroll, so there was certainly a connection with SC. Also have to wonder if lane would have had a different, less sleazy, approach to coaching if he'd spent time under pelini. Doubt it though.

Follow the bred crumbs:

Chris Kiffin was an intern for Bo

Marvin Sanders landed with Lane after he was fired here

Mike Ekeler was coaching with him out there as well.

I think there are definitely connections between Bo and Lane.

For the record, I am of the opinion that Kiffin is a good offensive mind put in a no-win situation.

• 2 weeks later...