DT Abu Lamin [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Lemme say this: I LOVE my husker football and I have complete faith in the coaches and the program however, I'm not naive enough to think we are as good as Alabama at this moment. Alabama might be the sexy pick, but there is NO place like nebraska

Lamin: I respect that and I'm here to tell you Nebraska is just fine in my standing! It's more than just the big name to me! I really enjoy the coaches and atmosphere at Nebraska

From ask.fm

The only question about the Bama offer is it commitable? With a JUCO 3 for 2 and is talented as he is I would imagine that it is...I hope I'm wrong and i hope we blew him away as much as it appeared but I don't feel real good about the situation...

Lamin's 3 for 3. We have been on his short list for a while because of our tradition (including connections to Fort Scott talent that came to Nebraska and went into the NFL) and the fact that our staff has been working hard to show him lots of love. Alabama is a great opportunity, but late to the game. Hope the in-roads that Nebraska's coaches landed have been enough.

From the 247 board. Free article.

USC holds lead for Lamin after another visit

DL Abu Lamin of Fort Scott JC, KS made an official visit to Nebraska Thursday thru Saturday, and he picked up an offer from Alabama Saturday. Yet, Lamin said Saturday night USC remains his clear favorite. "South Carolina is still my favorite," Lamin said. "I just got off the phone with coach Spurrier and coach Adams and coach Ward. South Carolina is still my number one. My number one team right now is South Carolina still. Number two probably would be Alabama. Number three would have to Arkansas. Number four would have to be Nebraska

From the 247 board. Free article.

USC holds lead for Lamin after another visit

DL Abu Lamin of Fort Scott JC, KS made an official visit to Nebraska Thursday thru Saturday, and he picked up an offer from Alabama Saturday. Yet, Lamin said Saturday night USC remains his clear favorite. "South Carolina is still my favorite," Lamin said. "I just got off the phone with coach Spurrier and coach Adams and coach Ward. South Carolina is still my number one. My number one team right now is South Carolina still. Number two probably would be Alabama. Number three would have to Arkansas. Number four would have to be Nebraska

Alright, that settles it. At least we don't have to wait until the end of August to be disappointed.

For some odd reason I get a feeling that this will end up being a breakthrough recruit that ends up here. A recruit that Bo will finally be able to show that he and his staff can recruit with the best of them. I believe we still have a legit shot but I think it all comes down to whether or not our defense can show that they are young but can ball. This is one of those guys I just have a funny feeling that will actually shock people with his decision and keep the Fort Scott pipeline alive.

For some odd reason I get a feeling that this will end up being a breakthrough recruit that ends up here. A recruit that Bo will finally be able to show that he and his staff can recruit with the best of them. I believe we still have a legit shot but I think it all comes down to whether or not our defense can show that they are young but can ball. This is one of those guys I just have a funny feeling that will actually shock people with his decision and keep the Fort Scott pipeline alive.

Finally? We beat out a lot of top programs, including Alabama, just last year. We stole hardrick from LSU not that long ago from the same juco. It would be a major coup for us to land him, but let's not act like it's unprecedented.

Finally? We beat out a lot of top programs, including Alabama, just last year. We stole hardrick from LSU not that long ago from the same juco. It would be a major coup for us to land him, but let's not act like it's unprecedented.

Yes we have got recruits that were offered by them and I'm more than happy to have them on our team. However, none of those guys were #1 on the LSU or Bama recruiting board. Would they have liked to have them? Absolutely! Was it that big of a deal to them? My guess is no.

This kid is one of those recruits that you can hang your hat on. Someone that another high profile recruit sees and says "well if he went there maybe it's worth checking out. Maybe we can build something together. I could see myself playing next to him on the d-line". These are the kids we need to get top 10 classes, and top 10 classes lead to championships.

• Fire 1