Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't recall his rating on scout. His senior year was very under-whelming and he got out worked while he was here. AA took that job and earned it.

As you can tell, I am very high on AT and think it was an absolute crime he wasn't rated as a top 5 back in the nation as he earned it. It will be hard to keep him off the field this year.

He was a 5 star on scout and espn. I just looked it up. I think we had the best RB class in the nation last year and I am glad we have enough horses in the backfield to have this conversation. Very excited to see how we use all of our weapons on offense. From the proven guys to the newcomers like Moore, Westerkamp, Taylor, Newby, and even Armstrong it will be fun to watch it all unfold this Fall.

I am still tossed up on who I am more excited to see play next year, Taylor or Newby. I think both of these guys could become a legitimate threat in our run game.

Taylor go between the tackles and put some force in it, while gaining yards. I don't think he is all that slow either. Faster than Cross, and slightly slower than Burkhead. 4.5 I believe is what he runs, but could have a little more top end than Burkhead. Have Dobson and his crew work with him, he could slim down some, while gaining some more muscle mass, and gain a little more speed.

Newby is just a VERY elusive back and is very good and making you miss the tackle. Probably looking at the fastest and most elusive back Nebraska has had in quite a while.

This is an interesting topic to be sure but I am less interested in who gets the yards and more concerned with having a balanced offense that keeps defenses guessing. For the first time in many years we have depth and skill at running back, wide receiver and quarterback. The O line has decent skill, experience and help from a few juco guys for depth. Turnovers would be what keeps us from being one of the premier offenses in the country. If the defense can make more stops and cause some turnovers this offense will be lightning.

I am so done talking to you AllNRed. You are a piece of work, and MUCH worse than Hedley. At least that dude could admit when he was wrong. The link I provided, showed ALL 3 of his times ran that day, so wouldn't you f'ing take his FASTEST f'ing TIME, since after all HE DID RUN IT, its a recorded time there?!

Its people like you that pull knowledgable people away from forums. Its honestly ok to be wrong every once in a while, seriously. To even think that Abdullah is slower than Burkhead is laughable on its own, but you have it stuck in your head that its true. Even if AA was to beat him in a footrace, you would still argue that he was slower, because it was a "different drill"

I could care less if you think I lose credibility, but you should learn how to be respectful to others when replying. I have yet to sit here and belittle you, except calling you a piece of work, because you simply are. I am done with you, and your senseless posts. Your Gods gift to Husker football and know everything about it. Everyone is wrong, I understand it.

Go cry to someone else, homie. If you are going to complain about my statements the least you could do is actually mention things that I said......It's not my fault you take everything personally. I enjoy talking husker football as much as the next fan. It's just some don't know how to simply disagree with others without having their emotions pour into their posts.......

I'll help you out. I never stated that AA was slower than Rex. I said he is just a bit faster. You tried to make it seem like he was a "burner". Stating that he came out of high school running a 4.3. That statement was false. So excuse me for thinking your post sounds a bit dumb placing me in an argument that I never stated. (P.S. since you brought up foot races, I witnessed L.David & Ameer in a foot race, you want to know how that turned out? Then again you'd probably ignore it because it's not on the SCOUT website....:lol:)

I said one of the reasons he wasn't offered by his home schools, Auburn/Bama, is his speed (along with size & he didn't want to play DB). You stressed that he was offered because he was going by one recruiting service and ignoring 2 others as well as the articles that covered AA's recruitment up to his signing day.

Patronizing is a coward-like action, IMO. I never stated I was "God's gift to Husker Football", "know everything", or anything of that sort. I'm a piece of work....I can live with that statement, but your comprehension/understanding/logic needs work. (that would fall into the category of belittling....;))

I am so done talking to you AllNRed. You are a piece of work, and MUCH worse than Hedley. At least that dude could admit when he was wrong. The link I provided, showed ALL 3 of his times ran that day, so wouldn't you f'ing take his FASTEST f'ing TIME, since after all HE DID RUN IT, its a recorded time there?!

Its people like you that pull knowledgable people away from forums. Its honestly ok to be wrong every once in a while, seriously. To even think that Abdullah is slower than Burkhead is laughable on its own, but you have it stuck in your head that its true. Even if AA was to beat him in a footrace, you would still argue that he was slower, because it was a "different drill"

I could care less if you think I lose credibility, but you should learn how to be respectful to others when replying. I have yet to sit here and belittle you, except calling you a piece of work, because you simply are. I am done with you, and your senseless posts. Your Gods gift to Husker football and know everything about it. Everyone is wrong, I understand it.

I'll make it easier for you both...

Neither of them are "fast"

I stated that in the beginning of this convo......somehow that led someone to trying to stress AA is a 4.3 athlete.

This is an interesting topic to be sure but I am less interested in who gets the yards and more concerned with having a balanced offense that keeps defenses guessing. For the first time in many years we have depth and skill at running back, wide receiver and quarterback. The O line has decent skill, experience and help from a few juco guys for depth. Turnovers would be what keeps us from being one of the premier offenses in the country. If the defense can make more stops and cause some turnovers this offense will be lightning.

Good Post.....and yea, this is something that was brought up in an interview on the radio a couple weeks back......the depth at the skill positions is the best we've seen in quite some time. With all of the complaining about our O-Line, very few can argue how effective they are when creating enough holes for the RBs to have a great season. Turnovers will be, as it has been the previous years, the biggest priority to fix if we want to be the offensive threat that we could be.

I don't think he's built for 300+ carries in a season.

thats my sentiments. But if he can raise his ypc by 1 yd and get 220-250carries.

He got 226 carries last year, which I thought was too many. At times he just looked worn down. If anything, we should be trying to rotate more at running back. It would only benefit him, and the team as a whole.

OK, I'll take him getting 180-200 carries if he and the line can get his YPC up to around 6.5-7!

http://espn.go.com/c.../ameer-abdullah

The only verified testing numbers for Ameer Abdullah. These are at a combine he attended in HS for what it's worth. For future reference, unless there is a checkmark indicating verfication on Rivals or combine results in the bottom right portion of a recruit's Scout.com profile, the times are self reported and more often than not inaccurate. The numbers HuskerNationNick pulled from NFLdraftscout are also inaccurate. These are estimated times based on what their scouts see on film. When a prospect goes to the combine or works out at a pro day the numbers on that site are adjusted, often fairly significantly. Hope that ends your argument.

• Fire 1

husker07, I saw that and mentioned it in a post of mine earlier. There are so many different numbers out there. I am just going off of what credible websites say. Also, I don't think I am going to far in saying that Abdullah was running better than a 4.5-4.6 his Freshman year and his Sophomore year.

Either way, he won't break 1500 at all throughout his career, and I don't think any RB we have will, just because of the depth at that position. If Taylor and/or Newby become what they are suppose to, I think Newby will have the best shot breaking 1500 because of his speed and elusiveness.

husker07, I saw that and mentioned it in a post of mine earlier. There are so many different numbers out there. I am just going off of what credible websites say. Also, I don't think I am going to far in saying that Abdullah was running better than a 4.5-4.6 his Freshman year and his Sophomore year.

Either way, he won't break 1500 at all throughout his career, and I don't think any RB we have will, just because of the depth at that position. If Taylor and/or Newby become what they are suppose to, I think Newby will have the best shot breaking 1500 because of his speed and elusiveness.

Sorry I didn't notice that.

The only verified testing numbers for Ameer Abdullah. These are at a combine he attended in HS for what it's worth. For future reference, unless there is a checkmark indicating verfication on Rivals or combine results in the bottom right portion of a recruit's Scout.com profile, the times are self reported and more often than not inaccurate. The numbers HuskerNationNick pulled from NFLdraftscout are also inaccurate. These are estimated times based on what their scouts see on film. When a prospect goes to the combine or works out at a pro day the numbers on that site are adjusted, often fairly significantly. Hope that ends your argument.

Thanks. I think the argument should have ended a long time ago. Especially since the argument stimulated from a comment that he was only slightly faster than Rex. The 4.6 here lets me know that my small comment wasn't too off base.

Back to the original subject, as I stated early in the thread, I don't see him getting 1500 yards even if he is 100% healthy all season and the guys behind him all turn out to be busts. Beck's system shows it can hit from different angles in the offense, whether that be the RB, the QB's running ability, or the WR. And in a hurry up offense, you see more passing than you do running anyway, which is something Beck tends to do to get the defense on it's heels.

But truthfully I think at least one of the back ups (Taylor) will turn out to be as good as hyped or better, to provide another option from the back field, so there's no way AA gets close to 1500, IMO.

Only 3 RBs in NU's history has ever excited 1500 in a season. I love Ameer but he's no Ahman Green/Mike Rozier/Lawrence Phillips

Thanks. I think the argument should have ended a long time ago. Especially since the argument stimulated from a comment that he was only slightly faster than Rex. The 4.6 here lets me know that my small comment wasn't too off base.

Back to the original subject, as I stated early in the thread, I don't see him getting 1500 yards even if he is 100% healthy all season and the guys behind him all turn out to be busts. Beck's system shows it can hit from different angles in the offense, whether that be the RB, the QB's running ability, or the WR. And in a hurry up offense, you see more passing than you do running anyway, which is something Beck tends to do to get the defense on it's heels.

But truthfully I think at least one of the back ups (Taylor) will turn out to be as good as hyped or better, to provide another option from the back field, so there's no way AA gets close to 1500, IMO.

Only 3 RBs in NU's history has ever excited 1500 in a season. I love Ameer but he's no Ahman Green/Mike Rozier/Lawrence Phillips

We will not pass more than we run.

Abdullah will most likely get injured at some point in the season if he is the back getting 80-90% of the snaps. I think you'll see either Taylor, Newby, or Cross step in and be a good back for us. So I don't think Abdullah will reach 1500 yds. I think they will definitely have at least one other guy see the field quite a bit this fall. Probably one of those freshmen is going to light it up.

373 Pass attempts

662 rush attempts

64% rushing

Not to start a 2000 post argument, but the reason for a hurry up offense, is to not allow the defense time to substitute and make it difficult for them to make adjustments. This, as you should know, tires the defense and allows for bigger plays to develop. This also it turn allows more plays to develop offensively in general, whether its passing or rushing. In WVU case, it was more passing plays, but this is Nebraska, we will never pass more than we run.

WVU 2012:

532 Pass Attempts.

469 Rush attempts