Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

When the Detroit News told her this, Boonstra was in disbelief, saying it "can't be true."

"I personally do not believe that," she told the paper.

Those two comments sum up about 75% of the anger about the Affordable Care Act.

Well, if this is what 75% of the anger has been like, then the people who were put out here to educate people about it over the last year have done a completely worthless crappy job. I have been to multiple seminars put on by both people in the insurance industry and people with the government explaining the program as to how it affects us as business people and our employees. I honestly don't know anyone who came out of those meetings not pissed off.

Now, if it ends up differently than what they explained in those seminars, then great....but, one heck of a lot of anger over it did not come from Fox News, the Tea Party or even Republicans but the people who were sent out here to get us as business people excited bout the program and educate us.

If it wasn't so frustrating it would have been laughable. Every time I would go to one, I would just sit back and watch and try to have an open mind. Someone would get up and give the presentation and then answer questions. They act all excited about it and talk about how great it is. People then would start asking questions. Every time, the speaker would end up (not so excitedly) agreeing with the negative questions about the program and how it would affect the people in the room.

Again, I am trying to have an open mind about it and have a "wait and see" attitude about it. It is what it is, everyone is in the same boat and either it is going to be successful or a disaster. I hope it is different than what they would present.

What percentage of people are business owners? <15%? Those people are probably somewhat more likely to have valid complaints.

When the Detroit News told her this, Boonstra was in disbelief, saying it "can't be true."

Well, if this is what 75% of the anger has been like, then the people who were put out here to educate people about it over the last year have done a completely worthless crappy job. I have been to multiple seminars put on by both people in the insurance industry and people with the government explaining the program as to how it affects us as business people and our employees. I honestly don't know anyone who came out of those meetings not pissed off.

Now, if it ends up differently than what they explained in those seminars, then great....but, one heck of a lot of anger over it did not come from Fox News, the Tea Party or even Republicans but the people who were sent out here to get us as business people excited bout the program and educate us.

If it wasn't so frustrating it would have been laughable. Every time I would go to one, I would just sit back and watch and try to have an open mind. Someone would get up and give the presentation and then answer questions. They act all excited about it and talk about how great it is. People then would start asking questions. Every time, the speaker would end up (not so excitedly) agreeing with the negative questions about the program and how it would affect the people in the room.

Again, I am trying to have an open mind about it and have a "wait and see" attitude about it. It is what it is, everyone is in the same boat and either it is going to be successful or a disaster. I hope it is different than what they would present.

What percentage of people are business owners? <15%? Those people are probably somewhat more likely to have valid complaints.

There was a lot of frustration as to what it was going to do to the employees also. Believe it or not, not all business owners are out to screw the employees and they actually want to offer good benefits.

Like I said, since the meetings, I am having an open mind. (no....no reason to post yet another article). I'm going to work with the system and move forward. If it ends up being a fantastic program then our country will be better off for it. If it ends up being a disaster then the employees will know it was not based on our decisions but based on what the government put in place as a program.

I hope the last option isn't reality.

There was a lot of frustration as to what it was going to do to the employees also. Believe it or not, not all business owners are out to screw the employees and they actually want to offer good benefits.

Like I said, since the meetings, I am having an open mind. (no....no reason to post yet another article). I'm going to work with the system and move forward. If it ends up being a fantastic program then our country will be better off for it. If it ends up being a disaster then the employees will know it was not based on our decisions but based on what the government put in place as a program.

I hope the last option isn't reality.

I'm with you BRB. Being a business owner with this new insurance stuff is a nightmare. It's going to hurt a lot of small business owners. Many will not be able to offer benefits anymore because of price, therefore employees will quit for another job with benefits. Many small businesses will disappear b/c of this. The gov't sure doesn't seem to care much about small business with these new health care options and the possibilities of small business tax breaks looking to go by the wayside very soon. The country is soon to become one run by big business only. You are either big business or an employee of big business.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140310/LIFESTYLE03/303100100

A Dexter cancer patient featured in a conservative group’s TV ad campaign denouncing her new health care coverage as “unaffordable” willsave more than $1,000 this year.

Julie Boonstra, 49, starred last month in an emotional television ad sponsored by Americans for Prosperity that implied Democratic U.S. Rep. Gary Peters’ vote for the Affordable Care Act made her medication so “unaffordable” she could die. Peters of Bloomfield Township is running for an open U.S. Senate seat against Republican Terri Lynn Land.

When advised of the details of her Blues’ plan, Boonstra said the idea that it would be cheaper “can’t be true.”

“I personally do not believe that,” Boonstra said.

I'm seriously starting to wonder why Affordable Care Act opponents can't seem to find and promote any sympathetic victims of this legislation. Surely some patient somewhere is actually on the losing end . . . right?

Makes you wonder . . .

maybe because the ACA is a crime against humanity in and of itself. we are all victims of its horrors, even if it ultimately helps us.

I'm seriously starting to wonder why Affordable Care Act opponents can't seem to find and promote any sympathetic victims of this legislation. Surely some patient somewhere is actually on the losing end . . . right?

Makes you wonder . . .

maybe because the ACA is a crime against humanity in and of itself. we are all victims of its horrors, even if it ultimately helps us.

It is so expensive that it reduces the deficit and saves Julie Boonstra money.

Also, it's tyranny.