Our Next Rex ?

I think its safe to say that this class and possibly more classes to come, with be along the same lines of Rex. A great work ethic has spread across our team, from offense to defense. Zaire Anderson is a prime example of someone on defense, along with Ciante Evans and Greg McMullen. All our of WR's have great work ethic and are only looking to get better, from Bell, Enunwa, Westerkamp all the way to Wullenwaber and Taariq Allen who have both merged their way back into the picture after season ending injuries. Tommy Armstrong can also be thrown in there as well. The kid doesn't even look like he had knee surgery last year.

Taylor Martinez seems to be the one, to me at least, that stands out the most with his leadership and work ethic. This kid has spent his vacations at camps, and has had longer than normal practices to get better.

I think Rex started something really good here, when we needed it the most, but all these young guys want to be leaders and have a great work ethic. But no one will ever fill Rex's shoes, just like no one will ever be able to fill Berringer's shoes.

• Fire 3

I think its safe to say that this class and possibly more classes to come, with be along the same lines of Rex. A great work ethic has spread across our team, from offense to defense. Zaire Anderson is a prime example of someone on defense, along with Ciante Evans and Greg McMullen. All our of WR's have great work ethic and are only looking to get better, from Bell, Enunwa, Westerkamp all the way to Wullenwaber and Taariq Allen who have both merged their way back into the picture after season ending injuries. Tommy Armstrong can also be thrown in there as well. The kid doesn't even look like he had knee surgery last year.

Taylor Martinez seems to be the one, to me at least, that stands out the most with his leadership and work ethic. This kid has spent his vacations at camps, and has had longer than normal practices to get better.

I think Rex started something really good here, when we needed it the most, but all these young guys want to be leaders and have a great work ethic. But no one will ever fill Rex's shoes, just like no one will ever be able to fill Berringer's shoes.

Great post. I agree - there is only one Rex. Yes, the attitude you see in some of these players reminds me of the group from 94-97. If the full team can work hard together and the D develops that 'mean' attitude that the D had in the 90s and which the recent Suh Ds had - we could be seeing something very special developing right before us.

Taylor Martinez... His video of him trying to crush an egg in his bro tank and dunking with his shirt off will make all the haters go away.

All joking aside, I find it interesting how Taylor has become a bit more "social" and seems to actually trying to be liked. Not to mention that taking over some of Rex's duties with Team Jack.

I have always felt T-MAgic gets a bad rap, but never helped himself. I feel like he is taking some leadership roles..

Never have I seen a player have such a cultish following like Rex did. In a drunken ramble, I predicted him in the next few years to be in a Joe Ganz type role on the staff and eventually be on it. To cap off this moonshine driven preaching session, my long term prediction was that Rex Burkhead will be the head coach at NU some day.

There will never be a player that is treated and more respected than Rex.

Never have I seen a player have such a cultish following like Rex did. In a drunken ramble, I predicted him in the next few years to be in a Joe Ganz type role on the staff and eventually be on it. To cap off this moonshine driven preaching session, my long term prediction was that Rex Burkhead will be the head coach at NU some day.

There will never be a player that is treated and more respected than Rex.

I thought he had other interests not involving coaching? Am I imagining that? I would be in full support of your scenario (at least initially)....

Taylor Martinez... His video of him trying to crush an egg in his bro tank and dunking with his shirt off will make all the haters go away.

All joking aside, I find it interesting how Taylor has become a bit more "social" and seems to actually trying to be liked. Not to mention that taking over some of Rex's duties with Team Jack.

I have always felt T-MAgic gets a bad rap, but never helped himself. I feel like he is taking some leadership roles..

Calling himself T-Magic wasnt the best way to make friends