Mother of 7 jailed in Mexico

Correct,

But......what if she didn't do it?

The facts around the arrest sound extremely fishy.

Yea, sounds a bit sketchy to me.

"Oh, hey, we found this 12 pounds of marijuana under your public bus seat. No way anyone other than you could have put it there..."

Yeah, whenever I smuggle 12 pounds of bud in from Mexico I always stash it under my bus seat. I mean, who would look there?

But when I'm going for several hundred pounds I press it into large sheets and construct a van out of it.

Correct,

But......what if she didn't do it?

The facts around the arrest sound extremely fishy.

Yea, sounds a bit sketchy to me.

"Oh, hey, we found this 12 pounds of marijuana under your public bus seat. No way anyone other than you could have put it there..."

Yeah, whenever I smuggle 12 pounds of bud in from Mexico I always stash it under my bus seat. I mean, who would look there?

But when I'm going for several hundred pounds I press it into large sheets and construct a van out of it.

I love a good Cheech and Chong reference.

She's free and back in America now.

It's stupid she was jailed as long as she was. They could have cleared her and sent her home in less than 24 hours if they would have just done some simple police work.

Security camera footage revealed in court Thursday shows Maldonado and her husband boarding a bus in Mexico last week. They are carrying a purse, two blankets and two bottles of water.

It's an everyday scene that plays out at bus stations around the world. But in this case, defense attorney Francisco Benitez argued that the images were a crucial piece of evidence.

Why? Because nothing they're carrying, he said, could hold the amount of marijuana that Maldonado was accused of smuggling.

Video footage suggests that someone else brought the marijuana aboard the bus, the lawyer said.

Packages of the illegal substance allegedly recovered from under Maldonado's seat would not have fit in her purse, Benitez said.

LINK

Mexican law enforcement is not exactly known for its integrity.

You do see the State Department get involved now and then on things, but if an American abroad is still subject to the laws of whatever land they are in, even if we think the laws are several levels beyond stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

actually Mexico should be lenient with Americans since we almost turn a blind eye to millions of illegal aliens from Mexico come into our country every day.

totally. mexican laws, laws of a sovereign nation, should not apply to americans because of their emigrants.

• Fire 1

actually Mexico should be lenient with Americans since we almost turn a blind eye to millions of illegal aliens from Mexico come into our country every day.

totally. mexican laws, laws of a sovereign nation, should not apply to americans because of their emigrants.

Sovereign nation they are not. The Cartel runs that country now. Mexico is too corrupt.

Sovereign nation they are not. The Cartel runs that country now. Mexico is too corrupt.

Drug cartel runs Mexico, oil cartel runs the US. What's the difference?

• Fire 1

Drug cartel runs Mexico, oil cartel runs the US. What's the difference?

Difference is we have some control over them while the police don't have any control of the cartel and actually afraid of them.

Difference is we have some control over them while the police don't have any control of the cartel and actually afraid of them.

Um, no. We really don't.

Yes we do. if they didn't do you really think groups like the fda would even exist? they wouldn't they would have gotten rid of them of they could.

Um, no. We really don't.

Yes we do. if they didn't do you really think groups like the fda would even exist? they wouldn't they would have gotten rid of them of they could.

with that logic, why are there still cops in mexico? why have the drug cartels just not disbanded them?

• Fire 1