National flags on beer cans. Is it OK?

I have a lot of respect for the ones who served our flag, especially those who did it before I did. Theres a lot of things I don't want to see done with the flag. Putting it on a can where people crush them with their feet, throw in the trash or on the ground. I can see where people would take disrepect and offense to it. But most arn't going to bitch, cry and complain as it's not done to the actual flag itself. So I wouldn't complain at all, but I can see where others would.

I have enough respect for the flag that I wouldn't plaster it all over my products as a marketing gimmick and it kind of rubs me the wrong way when other companies do it.

However, it's not a big enough deal that I'm going to make a big stink about it.

Using the flag bothers me less than when a company puts a yellow "support the troops" ribbon on their box and tries to use that to sell their product.

I have enough respect for the flag that I wouldn't plaster it all over my products as a marketing gimmick and it kind of rubs me the wrong way when other companies do it.

However, it's not a big enough deal that I'm going to make a big stink about it.

Using the flag bothers me less than when a company puts a yellow "support the troops" ribbon on their box and tries to use that to sell their product.

I would agree with that unless the company is donating to support the troops with the purchase.

Both situations lack respect for the symbols and the people behind those symbols.

I would agree with that unless the company is donating to support the troops with the purchase.

Both situations lack respect for the symbols and the people behind those symbols.

Even then, its just using the troops as a ploy to sell more stuff. If they want to donate, just donate.