SIGNED OG Tanner Farmer

He already has a higher bench and higher squat than a majority if not all of the O-Line we have who are seniors. WOW!!!!! No idea how this kid slipped through the cracks but he could be a 4 year starter for us.

Hope he isnt a four year starter.

Why? If the kid's good enough to start as a freshman, why shouldn't he?

All about the pipeline. I am a firm believer in OL paying their dues before starting. Hardly any OL are ready to start as a freshman.

Well, I get that, but if a guy is good enough to start, then he should start. Tyler Moore was a freaking monster and deserved to start, and I don't think anyone was against that just because he was a freshman.

Moore started because of injury. I'd hardly call him a monster either, though he could certainly still develop into one. Freshmen at NU that started because of merit (because they were frickin monsters) are guys like incognito and fonoti. NFL players. Those are rare and I hope this kid is the next, but that's a pretty lofty expectation.

I'll add that there have been others that started as freshmen due to a lack of depth (sirles, slauson, murtha), but we seem to be past the days when we suffered from a lack of bodies on the line.

Moore started because of injury. I'd hardly call him a monster either, though he could certainly still develop into one. Freshmen at NU that started because of merit (because they were frickin monsters) are guys like incognito and fonoti. NFL players. Those are rare and I hope this kid is the next, but that's a pretty lofty expectation.

I'll add that there have been others that started as freshmen due to a lack of depth (sirles, slauson, murtha), but we seem to be past the days when we suffered from a lack of bodies on the line.

Exactly. We had no one at tackle when Moore got plugged in. Moore was also the first true freshman ever to start the first game of the year at Nebraska. Obviously, it's very rare.

Exactly. We had no one at tackle when Moore got plugged in. Moore was also the first true freshman ever to start the first game of the year at Nebraska. Obviously, it's very rare.

I believe Sirles started as a RS Frosh, right?

Correct. Slauson, fonoti and Moore are the only true freshmen starters I can think of off the top of my head.

I was just addressing the possibility of being a four year starter. Even starting as a redshirt freshman is rare.

Edited to add that all-Americans jake young and will shields are the only others to start as true freshmen.

He already has a higher bench and higher squat than a majority if not all of the O-Line we have who are seniors. WOW!!!!!  No idea how this kid slipped through the cracks but he could be a 4 year starter for us.

Not sure Oregon meant it this way, but if he is a 2-3 year starter because of early entry to the draft then I would take that scenario over a 4 year starter in most cases.
He already has a higher bench and higher squat than a majority if not all of the O-Line we have who are seniors. WOW!!!!! No idea how this kid slipped through the cracks but he could be a 4 year starter for us.

Not sure Oregon meant it this way, but if he is a 2-3 year starter because of early entry to the draft then I would take that scenario over a 4 year starter in most cases.

I don't know about you, but I'm not too worried about any of our guys declaring early. If Suh, Prince, Lavonte, and Fonzie didn't do it, I don't think anyone is going to.

I don't know about you, but I'm not too worried about any of our guys declaring early. If Suh, Prince, Lavonte, and Fonzie didn't do it, I don't think anyone is going to.

Well none of those guys were sure fire first rounders after their Jr. year, Suh was the closest being talked about in the 30-33 range. They made a lot more money by staying another year. Guys like Rimmington are rare but worth it.

Even so, I wouldn't be worried. I highly doubt there will be a player better than Suh who comes out of this university during Bo's tenure. Plus, Bo and his coaches do a great job fostering an environment of education and a drive to get a degree. They are student athletes, after all.

In the first video...does a guy say "He's a...........DAMN WALL," when referring to Farmer!?? It sounds like it hehehehe. He looked very dominating. He has a huge upper-body.

It does sound like that. DAMN WALL = epic nickname.

If he gets an an invite to the opening and does more of that he'll be a 4* easy.