SIGNED OG Tanner Farmer

Pre-Opening Final Fives

http://www.studentsp...al-pre-opening/

July 1, 2013– After 13 Nike Football Training Camps that included over 800 of the country’s best linemen, we are down to the top 40 linemen in the country. For the next three days (July 1 – July 3), the nation’s best will do battle at Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon at The Opening.

<snip>

Farmer is no-doubt the surprise choice on this list. Back in March, nobody would have had Farmer in the Final Five, let alone in The Opening. But Farmer's performance at the Chicago NFTC put his name on the map. The Nebraska commit started off the camp with a 96.96 SPARQ Rating, but he earned his invite by having one of the top 1on1 performances of the NFTC tour. Farmer has the quickness you'd expect with that high of a SPARQ Rating, but what's special about him is his strength. If he's able to remain patient and land that punch, even the top DL at The Opening will have trouble beating the Illinois native.

LINK

Blog article predicting Farmer to be one of the top 5 offensive linemen in the country after the first round of Nike camps. Nice! :thumbs:

Pre-Opening Final Fives

http://www.studentsp...al-pre-opening/

July 1, 2013– After 13 Nike Football Training Camps that included over 800 of the country’s best linemen, we are down to the top 40 linemen in the country. For the next three days (July 1 – July 3), the nation’s best will do battle at Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon at The Opening.

<snip>

Farmer is no-doubt the surprise choice on this list. Back in March, nobody would have had Farmer in the Final Five, let alone in The Opening. But Farmer's performance at the Chicago NFTC put his name on the map. The Nebraska commit started off the camp with a 96.96 SPARQ Rating, but he earned his invite by having one of the top 1on1 performances of the NFTC tour. Farmer has the quickness you'd expect with that high of a SPARQ Rating, but what's special about him is his strength. If he's able to remain patient and land that punch, even the top DL at The Opening will have trouble beating the Illinois native.

LINK

Blog article predicting Farmer to be one of the top 5 offensive linemen in the country after the first round of Nike camps. Nice! :thumbs:

Top 5 offensive lineman in the country would be good enough for somewhere in the top 40 prospects for the class. This kid is the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if we've ever had a poster like him on this board. I don't really even remember him doing anything wrong, he was just that annoying that the mods banned him.

Personally, I'd like to have wifi back. He beats the bushes for info and provides some solid input. Ya he's said some dumb stuff and gotten on some nerves but it's not like he's that cancerous guy that's always negative or starting arguments. IMO overall he was a positive.

As far as Farmer goes hopefully he gets bumped-up to where he belongs and we get a little more star-power to help attract other recruits.

Hes supposed to get his bump this week. Not that it really matters to us, but I would like to see the man get his due recognition, as I believe he's one of the top 10 guards in the nation.

IMO it does matter in terms of more than just our egos and him getting his props. Big recruits can attract and help recruit other big recruits.

Hes supposed to get his bump this week. Not that it really matters to us, but I would like to see the man get his due recognition, as I believe he's one of the top 10 guards in the nation.

Updated to a 90 overall on 24.7 sports which puts him at a 4 star rating and the number 17 guard in the country. http://247sports.com...er-Farmer-23863

Good for him! Gives us two of the top 40 guards on 247 (Foster at #37).