Apparently Cheerios are racist

Cheerios — a consumer brand perhaps least-likely to be embroiled in a racially tinged controversy — has found itself in just that.

Social media blow-back has been fierce, nasty and unusually racist after the top-selling, General Mills cereal brand last week began airing — and then posted online — a commercial featuring a sweet, mixed-race girl.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/06/03/cheerios-general-mills-commercial-mixed-race-ad/2384587/

Some people must have one hell of a lot more energy and time than I do if they are going to get worked up about stupid stuff like this.

if you ate Cheerios, your heart would be healthier and you would have more energy to get worked up about stuff like this.

Point well taken.

A sweet, mixed-race, Cheerios TV spot has become an unlikely hot button for racist, social media response. (/ title of the USA Today article)

I don't think General Mills was accused of being racist over the commercial. I think a bunch of Interwebs idiots posted racist comments on Youtube. Am I missing something?

A sweet, mixed-race, Cheerios TV spot has become an unlikely hot button for racist, social media response. (/ title of the USA Today article)

I don't think General Mills was accused of being racist over the commercial. I think a bunch of Interwebs idiots posted racist comments on Youtube. Am I missing something?

No. That's exactly what it is. People were pissed that they showed a white woman with a black man and mixed-race child AND portrayed them as NORMAL lol

The YouTube comments section for the ad, which had been viewed more than 1.7 million times as of midday Monday, was disabled late last week. "We are a family brand and not all of the comments were family-friendly," says Camille Gibson, vice president of marketing for Cheerios, in an e-mailed comment.

Bingo.

Cheerios and apple pie nothing racist there. If you (jackass) are worried about mixed race then go after peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hot fudge sundaes and Oreos. How F'n stupid can people in this country get? T_O_B