What are the odds the Blackshirts improve in 2013?

Does anyone ever wonder how much the new coaches have had to do with our recent struggles on defense? Losing Carl? I do wonder. Some of these coaches are still cutting their teeth too.

I hope to God we're better this year. I don't want to see another season of nationally televised embarrassing losses or semi blow outs or guys just looking completely out of place.

Edited by suh_fan93

Does anyone ever wonder how much the new coaches have had to do with our recent struggles on defense? Losing Carl? I do wonder. Some of these coaches are still cutting their teeth too.

I hope to God we're better this year. I don't want to see another season of nationally televised embarrassing losses or semi blow outs or guys just looking completely out of place.

What coaches are "cutting their teeth"? JP has been with Bo for years. Kaz has plenty of experience. Ross Els was coaching Hastings College to a national contender 15 years ago. It's a unanimous agreement that Terry Joseph is doing a nice job.

What does cutting teeth mean then? At Nebraska? yes, they are relatively new. But to football? absolutely not. Every single one of our defense coaches forget more about football in their sleep at night than you or I will ever know combined.

Carl was a fantastic DL coach. Unfortunately, it was time for him to go for reasons undisclosed that I will not put on this board.

Carl was a fantastic DL coach. Unfortunately, it was time for him to go for reasons undisclosed that I will not put on this board.

Bingo!

What coaches are "cutting their teeth"? JP has been with Bo for years. Kaz has plenty of experience. Ross Els was coaching Hastings College to a national contender 15 years ago. It's a unanimous agreement that Terry Joseph is doing a nice job.

What does cutting teeth mean then? At Nebraska? yes, they are relatively new. But to football? absolutely not. Every single one of our defense coaches forget more about football in their sleep at night than you or I will ever know combined.

JP just as an example was not only in his first year as a defensive coordinator anywhere last year but at 34, he was the fourth-youngest defensive coordinator in the country and the youngest solo defensive coordinator in all of college football last year....

JP just as an example was not only in his first year as a defensive coordinator anywhere last year but at 34, he was the fourth-youngest defensive coordinator in the country and the youngest solo defensive coordinator in all of college football last year....

So...........

I believe we'll actually see regression from the level the defense played at last year in the majority of games. On the positive side, I think we'll be less vulnerable to being exposed against some of the more talented opponents who were able to take advantage of weaknesses with containment on the edge and matching up with athletes in space.