2013 alt uniform game

The answers:

1. Black is the absence of color (and is therefore not a color)

Explanation:

When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors.

What's your point?

It's like the Iowa State fan who knows his team has no shot at any real success, so he spends his time rooting for other teams to fail.

No. It's like every fan in America (yourself discluded I guess) that rout for teams they dislike, regardless the reasoning, and regardless of their own team's relevance.

Fair enough. I just think it's better for the game when the traditional national powers are relevant. Including Nebraska. That would be swell.

For the record, I agree with your thoughts on this. Clearly it's better to have Notre Dame, Bama, Oklahoma, USC, Florida St, and god-willing, Nebraska, etc at the top being the bellcows of college football. Much better than the Boise's, Louisvilles, Cincys, TCU's and so on. But I'm sick of hearing about Notre Dame. Many talk about Nebraska being irrelevant. Good grief. The only reason Notre Dame's been somewhat relevant over the past 20 years is ESPN's insatiable desire to continue propping a paper tiger, and one fluke year in a NC game is not going to erase that.

• Fire 1

I hate it. Since when is black a primary color for Nebraska? To me it dilutes out the brand that Nebraska spent 50 years building.

The point of building a brand is that when the casual football fan decides to turn on the TV, they see the red and white with two red stripes on the pants and say, "hey, Nebraska is on".

The point of the alternate uniform is... to sell more crap.

Black is not a primary color. But if we want to compare other schools for the sake of argument. Silver, Black, Gray, Neon Green, etc are not primary colors for Oregon

The BRAND everyone talks about is the N on the side of the helmet. As far as I can tell, we will have had 3 alternate uniform games. The 300th sellout game which is a throw back uni, last year against Wisconsin, and this coming year against UCLA. Guess which game did not feature the N?

With regards to an athletic department doing their job by way of funding scholarships, enhancing facilities, etc... If they can get some additional revenue by selling some different varieties of jerseys, more power to them.