2013 alt uniform game

NU fans! Forget the Alternative Uniform. We are Nebraska, not Maryland or Oregon. Uniforms do not win games. What we need is alternative 5 star players in trade for 2-3 star players. That will take care of the game.

Ummmm..... Alt Uniforms are one of the factors that make us able to go after some of the higher ranking players. That's because players like the Alt Uniforms. Sure, the Alts are popular with the fans, but they also help raise exposure for our school in the minds of top tier talent.

I disagree. Having to produce gimmicks for program exposure is a sign of weakness.

Well, I guess Alabama is showing weakness every time they wear their Pro Combat uniforms, then.

NU fans! Forget the Alternative Uniform. We are Nebraska, not Maryland or Oregon. Uniforms do not win games. What we need is alternative 5 star players in trade for 2-3 star players. That will take care of the game.

Ummmm..... Alt Uniforms are one of the factors that make us able to go after some of the higher ranking players. That's because players like the Alt Uniforms. Sure, the Alts are popular with the fans, but they also help raise exposure for our school in the minds of top tier talent.

I disagree. Having to produce gimmicks for program exposure is a sign of weakness.

what does this even mean?

and if you have not noticed, the huskers have needed help finding an edge lately.

Well we're only going to get weaker if we don't cater to the interests of top young athletes.

Well, I guess Alabama is showing weakness every time they wear their Pro Combat uniforms, then.

Pretty sure Alabama hasn't worn an alternate design though, the cut may be pro combat, but the design is their traditional design. I've seen PSU and Texas in this argument as well and pretty sure they haven't done anything different design wise either. This isn't an argument for or against NU doing it on my part, just a clarification more or less. My objection to the alternates NU is wearing is that there is black in them.

tumblr_inline_mfdsoqRLc71ry4qim.gif

• Fire 1

Pretty sure Alabama hasn't worn an alternate design though, the cut may be pro combat, but the design is their traditional design. I've seen PSU and Texas in this argument as well and pretty sure they haven't done anything different design wise either. This isn't an argument for or against NU doing it on my part, just a clarification more or less. My objection to the alternates NU is wearing is that there is black in them.

Wrong on both counts.

Alabama's:

Alabama-Pro-Combat-Uniform-5.jpgNike-Combat-Uniform.jpg4948899100_a73518a0d0_z.jpg

Texas':

texas-nike-pro-combat-uniforms.jpg

wpearlthomas12804824883.jpg

Even if it is relatively close, it is still different enough (as Landlord has shown) that it is something they can hype, call "Pro Combat" and it will still get the young-bloods in a tizzy. Just sayin...::shrug::

Wrong on both counts.

Alabama's:

Alabama-Pro-Combat-Uniform-5.jpgNike-Combat-Uniform.jpg4948899100_a73518a0d0_z.jpg

Texas':

Not to argue the point here, but that Bama uniform looks like a concept from a concept forum, I meanm the American flag is backwards for chrissakes. And the UT uni is a throwback is it not (the only difference is the number above the logo on the helmet, which they used to do)?

Not to argue the point here, but that Bama uniform looks like a concept from a concept forum, I meanm the American flag is backwards for chrissakes. And the UT uni is a throwback is it not (the only difference is the number above the logo on the helmet, which they used to do)?

They're images from Nike

http://www.tuscaloos.../NEWS/100909999

Also, in the military, the star field always faces forward. I'm guessing they were following those rules

http://www.usflag.org/flagpatch.html

• Fire 1

Wrong on both counts.

Alabama's:

Texas':

Both uniforms are real pro combat uniforms worn in games by their schools.

The Texas uniform differs (by my observations) in the following:

• Texas state logo patch on the hips of the pants
  • Numbers on the helmets
  • Longhorn "shield" on the crest of the jersey
  • 'Texas' script on the butt of the pants
  • Thinner shoulder stripes

Wrong on both counts.

Alabama's:

Texas':

Hey Twinkletoes the reason why the flag is backwards is to show support for the US Military. It is how it is worn on all Army uniforms during combat!!!!

Fair enough on all. Couple thoughts and couple questions. Is that Bama uni for the upcoming season? I haven't seen them do this before. My thought on it too is it's basically their uni with sublimated houndstoothing in the stripes and numbers. Such a minimal change I wouldn't think many people would even notice. Regarding UT, I figured the Texas on the hip was in honor of DKR since he just passed. Otherwise, it really just looks like a throwback to me other than the tramp stamp.

RE: the flag. Learn something new everyday. I was not aware of that. I look at a lot of concepts and you see people make these kinds of mirror mistakes quite a bit so that's what I figured it was.

Edit: was never making the argument that these teams didn't wear a "procombat" uniform, just that the design wasn't any different.