2013 alt uniform game

The University of Nebraska and adidas today unveiled alternative TECHFIT football uniform the Cornhuskers will wear on September 14 when they host UCLA at Memorial Stadium for adidas’ annual Unrivaled Game.

The new adidas TECHFIT black jersey features white stencil font numbers and a unique pattern throughout. The Cornhuskers’ helmet is matte white with a wide black stripe, stencil numbers and a face mask that fades from red to matte black. Nebraska’s famous straight red “N” featured on its helmets for decades remains unchanged. Nebraska’s black adidas TECHFIT baselayer has an N in the design. The pants are white with black stripes and the straight red “N” on the front left hip and the Cornhuskers will wear adidas Team Speed Vertical socks and Crazyquick Mid cleats.

Nebraska’s new uniform marks the introduction of adidas’ TECHFIT ShockWeb technology, designed to keep players fast, cool and mobile onfield. adidas ShockWeb features engineered body mapping, which maximizes compression zones across the chest and sides, in a lightweight knit structure that provides a tight fit with enhanced range of motion. Integrated CLIMACOOL mesh zones create airflow to keep players cool in every temperature.

Nebraska fans can visit www.Facebook.com/adidasFootballUS for more details, photos and videos of the Cornhuskers’ new TECHFIT uniforms and follow the conversation on Twitter via @adidasUS#teamadidas#techfit.

http://www.huskers.c...0&DB_OEM_ID=100

b018ab6191dc53978fa48cf74ad77a33_normal.jpeg

Andy Staples@Andy_Staples

Crazy to think that Nebraska finally busts out black jerseys for a game someone will probably win 55-48

Maybe that was some of the logic behind allowing this game (other than the fact there aren't many other possibilities). Give the Blackshirts a shot in the arm. Can't hurt!

Not surprising adidas picked a game versus another adidas squad, like last year. Expect for UCLA to have something, too.

I like them much better than last year's already. Helmet's till white with the traditional red N, but gave 'em a black stripe. Facemasks are a little "meh" too me. I think that's getting a little too cute. But the overall uniform is cool. Suttle, but still enough of a shakeup to draw excitement and interest. Too bad I wont be there to see them live. I'm not much for gettin up at 7 am ot go to a footballball game, and besides, i dont wanna miss the kickoff for Notre Dame/Purdue :rolleyes: