Permanent Starting Captains for 2013 Season

Jason Peter has a point

https://twitter.com/...202199549120514

Captns in June & HC is pickn em?R starters 4 week 1 b-ng named Sunday?Leadrs arise when 0 ppl r in the stands and it's 110*! team shld pick

Or they may have been chosen now based on what has happened during winter and spring work outs. They're being chosen now to provide leadership throughout the summer. Also you have to look at that Marine training they did earlier in the year. Those 4 might have separated themselves at that point to.

We, as fans, have very little to no knowledge at the internal dynamics of the team, and even though Jason Peter is an alumni, he probably has the same exact knowledge.

We also have no clue at how Pelini came up with these 4. It could have been an internal vote for all we know.

Jason Peter has a point

Captns in June & HC is pickn em?R starters 4 week 1 b-ng named Sunday?Leadrs arise when 0 ppl r in the stands and it's 110*! team shld pick

F#$k Jason Peter....dude was popping steroids when he was here, didn't work for anything he got, that become evident once he hit the NFL. Anything that douche was has to say about the program I believe the opposite of.

• Fire 2

What knapp said^^^

Permanent captains-the first half of the daily double. Then give em the blackshirts before first game and expect/have faith that they'll live up to it. Both these things can only foster team leadership qualities that have appeared to be largely missing these past few seasons.

And it'll force the D to work their ass off and earn those blackshirts during fall practice, not wait 6 games into the season to finally earn them.

And what happens if the Blackshirts are handed out before the season begins and we lose a game or barely win a game against a mediocre opponent because our defense didn't play so well?

100 people will flame the board about how the Blackshirts need to be taken away. A repetitive cycle.

I do applaud the picking permanent captains before the season begins.

Anyone who doesnt think these were elected by the players and/or unity council are so lacking of common sense it's sicking. Jesus Christ, my 10 year old midget football team had player-elected captains for god's sake. This is not even an issue.

It's more fun to rabble rabble rabble than to think rationally!

Jason Peter has a point

F#$k Jason Peter....dude was popping steroids when he was here, didn't work for anything he got, that become evident once he hit the NFL. Anything that douche was has to say about the program I believe the opposite of.

My favorite thing about Jason Peter was how he was fired by 1620 2 months after starting because he was that intolerable to everyone. Kindly fade away into whatever drug-crazed oblivion you feel best, Jason. It isn't 1995 anymore.

• Fire 1