Nebraska Generation Players

I know there are current 2nd Generation Players, like Banderas, and last year, Steinkuhler.

I'm not all that great with names period much less with those of 15 years ago.

So my question is this, how many families have we had multiple generations playing for Nebraska.

Just kind of off the top of my head, we win National Championships in 70-71, then again in 94,95 and 97. 23-26 years later, and did we have any 2nd generation players on those teams of the 90's?

Can we assume to get a good chunk of the sons of those 94-97 players and see another run of champions in the later half of this decade. (2018 and on?)

If I'm not coming off clear, I blame Dos Equis.

I just forgot about the brother of the kicker Drew Brown.

But would it also be fair to say that the second generations usually don't live up to the shoes their father's wore.

I can't think of any professional athlete that actually was better then their father.

Ken Griffey Jr.

But would it also be fair to say that the second generations usually don't live up to the shoes their father's wore.

I can't think of any professional athlete that actually was better then their father.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Got me there, but still...its not easy to think of a bunch off the top of your head.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Got me there, but still...its not easy to think of a bunch off the top of your head.

Peyton and Eli Manning, Clay Matthews, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Barry Bonds, Grant Hill, and Prince Fielder.

Kobe Bryant, Danny Manning. Roberto and Sandy Alomar Jr.

I think you get that impression that the 2nd generation doesn't do as well because you only really know of the great first generation players. The sons of Walter Payton and Michael Jordan don't get to the level that their parents did, but getting to the very top is almost impossible anyway, and they are under the microscope from the beginning. You don't hear or expect anything from Joe Bryant's kid, and all of a sudden he's Kobe Bryant.

HeyBurke's list was probably better because the fathers were actually very good players, and the sons did even more.

Back to what I think the original question was, Bill Kosch and his son Jesse have all 5 championship rings between them. http://www.huskerspot.com/notes/Family_Hardware_-_Jesse_Kosch_Interview . Joe and Chad Blahak have 4, as do Jerry and Gregg List. There are plenty of other multi generational Husker families, like the Fischers, Ruuds, Rodgers, and so on.

Barry Sanders Jr. hasn't even played a down yet in college. Wish he would have ended up at OSU like his dad. Being from Wichita Barry Sanders is the reason why I became, and still am a Lions fan. (Though I just about jumped ship if they didn't draft Suh)

I've had way to many concussions before I could even play football to play much other then in a park or something, but I grew up watching the Huskers, and I can only imagine what the sons of these great players we had 20 years ago wouldn't want the opportunity to play for the Huskers. Get the pipeline going again. I couldn't even imagine wanting to take a scholarship to Iowa, KSU, or even tOSU if I had even the slightest opportunity to play for the Huskers.

Everyone is different though.

Thanks for the link on the VAhusker