What are the manliest of scents?

Thanks for the replies, people. I made shampoo for me yesterday and it worked really well. I'm gonna make it for Christmas presents because I'm poor. I mean cheap. I'll probably post it in the recipe section if it doesn't make my hair fall out after a month. It only took me 10 mins to make.

Where are you going to make your own shampoo?

I found all of the ingredients at Open Harvest and I made it on my living room floor.

manhands_manly_scented_soaps-normal.jpg

I wonder if the bacon, democrat, and republican soap are made out of rendered pig, donkey, and elephant fat, respectively. (I'm guessing it's illegal to kill elephants, though).

Thanks for the replies, people. I made shampoo for me yesterday and it worked really well. I'm gonna make it for Christmas presents because I'm poor. I mean cheap. I'll probably post it in the recipe section if it doesn't make my hair fall out after a month. It only took me 10 mins to make.

I found all of the ingredients at Open Harvest and I made it on my living room floor.

I've heard of people making their own soap but never shampoo. Why not, huh? But, if it's anything at all like making your own beer, it sure isn't going to save you any money.

I've heard of people making their own soap but never shampoo. Why not, huh? But, if it's anything at all like making your own beer, it sure isn't going to save you any money.

It's not. It's 45 cents per oz. (though I might be able to bring it down to 40). But it's good for my hairs and I can reuse the bottle.

So, I really am interested....why exactly are you making your own shampoo?

Believe me, I'm not mocking you. I'm truly interested. I'm usually the one that is trying to make my own odd stuff.

No, no - go ahead and mock her. If I have to put up with endless "old" jokes because of Moiraine, she can handle a bit of grief over her homemade shampoo project.

So, I really am interested....why exactly are you making your own shampoo?

Believe me, I'm not mocking you. I'm truly interested. I'm usually the one that is trying to make my own odd stuff.

It's mostly for hippie-like reasons. I'm just trying to use/eat more natural stuff. It's not that I think shampoo's gonna give me cancer but there's just stuff in it that isn't necessary for cleaning hair. I also only need one plastic shampoo container if I'm making my own. Instead of using a new one every month or so for the rest of my life. Plus I think it will make some fun or at least interesting presents.

It's not. It's 45 cents per oz. (though I might be able to bring it down to 40). But it's good for my hairs and I can reuse the bottle.

My 'Waterfall Mist' Suave brand shampoo is only $1.00 for 15 oz off the shelf, on sale (usually available for $1.50 or $.10 an oz).. And, I don't know if any animals were harmed in the making of these Suave products but I do have a healthy head of hair when the majority of my cronies are bald(ing). You have my attention on your 'project'.

• 4 weeks later...