What has happened to Sports Seasons?

So...? What's your point? I would rather have more time to watch good sports like basketball and hockey until the football season starts. Baseball is boring as all get out.

Yeah and if we're on the topic of greed...how about baseball playing 162 games?

Pretty much. I don't think diehard baseball fans even like having a season that long.

So...? What's your point? I would rather have more time to watch good sports like basketball and hockey until the football season starts. Baseball is boring as all get out.

Pretty much. I don't think diehard baseball fans even like having a season that long.

It doesn't matter that much to me. Unless were more than 2 games back. :D

It doesn't matter that much to me. Unless were more than 2 games back. :D

The American league started playing 162 games in 1961 and the National league started in 1962. Before that, since 1920 they played 154 games. I really don't think anyone in baseball (fans, players) care that they play that much. This usually comes from people who don't follow baseball.

It benefits baseball to play almost every day because it's somewhat of a vacation sport. Meaning, one heck of a lot of the people in the stands are people from out of town that happen to be there and see they are playing and go for the social aspect of it. When they play almost every day, that is much easier to do for many people.

If the players had a problem with it, you wouldn't see so many playing other leagues in the off season.

The one sport that I do see a problem with scheduling is the NFL. There is no reason why they need all those preseason games where players can get injured other than the owners wanting to make money off the games. Players don't like it and I really don't think the fans really care about them either.