DT Claude Pelon [USC Commit]

The only benefit I see to bringing him in is it balances out our depth chart a tad. With his measurables being uncertain he is an end in a 3-4 at worst. We have a TON of those. We needed a JUCO DT last year. Not this one. I'd have really liked to have Hooks and Bradley.

Sounds like we may get a visit in November after his season is over.

Was hoping we get a visit a little early. Being a December graduate, he might want to pull the trigger mid-fall so he knows where he is going come spring. November is cutting it close.

True, but we also might get the last visit which is usually a good thing.

Was hoping we get a visit a little early. Being a December graduate, he might want to pull the trigger mid-fall so he knows where he is going come spring. November is cutting it close.

Ya but at 265-285 that dosent help you at the 3 technique. I agree with EZ-E he's an end and thats not a need...Its hard to imagine adding 25-35 healthy pounds to D-Lineman in an offseason...

Ya but at 265-285 that dosent help you at the 3 technique. I agree with EZ-E he's an end and thats not a need...Its hard to imagine adding 25-35 healthy pounds to D-Lineman in an offseason...

Depends on what he actually weighs. 265 is a lot closer to a DE. 285 isn't bad size for a DT. There's a lot of difference between those numbers.

Depends on what he actually weighs. 265 is a lot closer to a DE. 285 isn't bad size for a DT. There's a lot of difference between those numbers.

The four major services have his weight between 275-285 lbs (Rivals-285, Scout-275, 247-275, ESPN-280). Being an early enrollee, he could add some good weight and be ready for the fall.

• 1 month later...