Man I forgot how good Taylor's wheels were

ZRod

Taylor is a balanced mix of Tommie Frazier and Joe Dailey.

I would say he is much closer to Eric Crouch and Joe Ganz. The explosiveness of Crouch with his feet, fairly accurate passer (more so Ganz), but sometimes a turnover machine a-la Ganz. Neither Frazier or Dailey were close to the threat on the run as Martinez is.

• Fire 1

In the B1G, TMart ranked #1 in QB rating, #2 in TD, yards, YPA, Comp %. That is pretty impressive for a QB who can't throw, and is known as a running QB. Sure he had some INT, and some ill timed turnovers, but given the defense he had, and the pressure he felt to constantly try and take games over, its not surprising he took risks that didn't need to be taken, and sometimes those risked worked great, and sometimes he got picked. But I wouldn't trade him for any QB in the league, and I think he finishes this year in the top 5 QB's in Husker history.

Martinez's performance against MSU really didn't sink in until a day or two after. I started to look back on it and watch highlights....and I was like, "God....he torched one of the best defenses in the BIG10."

Many Mart haters would always say he couldn't perform all that well against solid defenses (esp. in 2010 and 2011)...well...he performed damn well last year against solid defenses...yeah, the turnovers suck, but the overall performance was pretty impressive. I really hope he can bring home NEB a trophy. The dude is a studd. If he eliminates the turnovers and NEB is 12-0 or 11-1 by the regular season....there's a very good chance he is in the Heisman race.

i think that is just from the nature of our stressful games and unbelievable come-from-behind victories.

ZRod should be banned or suspended or something. How dare he start yet another dumpster fire T-Mart thread. He should frickin know better. Pull the plug Knapp. get his ass outta here. :lol:

chuckleshuffle

Damn mods are out to get me. This was originally in the "Just because" thread and half a month later, better known as 2 weeks, it got it's own thread.

This year is going to be like the reverse of 2009... in 2009 we had an incredible defense and a sucky offense. This year we will have an incredible offense, and hopefully (crosses fingers) barring no major injuries and talent that actually lives up to the talk, we will hopefully have a pretty good defense. If we can limit the turnovers and penalties I really see us being in the top 6 teams in the nation by the end of the year.

I don't know how Taylor doesn't play in the NFL with how athletic he is. I mean they can surely find a place for him.

People on this board think I'm crazy, but Taylor will get a shot at the league. At the quarterback position.

He might not make much of it, but he will get a chance.

I don't know how Taylor doesn't play in the NFL with how athletic he is. I mean they can surely find a place for him.

People on this board think I'm crazy, but Taylor will get a shot at the league. At the quarterback position.

I think so too. If Kaepernick can, and RGIII can, then Taylor can certainly get a look. This new age style of the "running" qb in the NFL is going to allow Taylor to get some looks, if not be drafted as a qb altogether.

I think so too. If Kaepernick can, and RGIII can, then Taylor can certainly get a look. This new age style of the "running" qb in the NFL is going to allow Taylor to get some looks, if not be drafted as a qb altogether.

RGIII was a 72+% passer, with over 4,000 yards and a TD-INT ratio of 37-6 his final season. His 2 years before that he was 65 and 67% respectively. Yeah, he was speedy...but he was a pass first QB. Bad comparison.

Kaepernick is a little closer, but I'm still not sold on this "transition" at the NFL level to running QBs. They'll maybe be more athletic than they historically have, but I don't see Martinez getting much of a chance if Tebow can't find one. He needs to have a 3500 yard, 68% season. Then he'll have a shot I think.

I'm not really sold on him having any kind of a chance in the NFL at QB. People thought Tebow's mechanics were bad but Taylor's aren't that much better. He's a lot quicker on the delivery but he doesn't have good arm strength and lacks consistency. I would love to be proven wrong though and I hope he improves again this year, and with the effort and tenacity he's shown years past he should.

RGIII was a 72+% passer, with over 4,000 yards and a TD-INT ratio of 37-6 his final season. His 2 years before that he was 65 and 67% respectively. Yeah, he was speedy...but he was a pass first QB. Bad comparison.

Kaepernick is a little closer, but I'm still not sold on this "transition" at the NFL level to running QBs. They'll maybe be more athletic than they historically have, but I don't see Martinez getting much of a chance if Tebow can't find one. He needs to have a 3500 yard, 68% season. Then he'll have a shot I think.

RGIII maybe a pass first qb, but he is a run threat. We're not talking about Taylor being a 20 carry/game running qb in the NFL. Yes, he has to make more gains in the passing game, but he's shown that's possible. The thing is, he has that home run threat with his legs to the likes of Kaepernick, RGIII, Russel Wilson, Michael Vick and so on. That running threat really stresses a defense, especially an NFL one that is not accustomed to having to be multiple enough to defend the qb run game.

I'm not saying he'll be a successful NFL qb, or even be one period, but if he has a decent year similar to or better than last, he'll get a look.

I'm not really sold on him having any kind of a chance in the NFL at QB. People thought Tebow's mechanics were bad but Taylor's aren't that much better. He's a lot quicker on the delivery but he doesn't have good arm strength and lacks consistency. I would love to be proven wrong though and I hope he improves again this year, and with the effort and tenacity he's shown years past he should.

Tim Tebow was not a home run threat as a runner. He was complete joke altogether. Hell, he wasnt even that good at Florida. He just had top notch talent around him at every position and a proven offensive mind as HC. Taylor already is twice the qb Tebow ever dreamed of bein.

Tim Tebow was not a home run threat as a runner. He was complete joke altogether. Hell, he wasnt even that good at Florida. He just had top notch talent around him at every position and a proven offensive mind as HC. Taylor already is twice the qb Tebow ever dreamed of bein.

Please tell me how you really feel about Tebow. :lol:

That's true Taylor has probably done more with less than most QBs in the NCAA during his time. But I just don't know... Wait and see I guess.