Man I forgot how good Taylor's wheels were

ZRod

Well at least admit then, that "highlight" didn't belong with that highlight reel... I particularly like the Kansas State reel best, from 2012 I think... or whenever we last played them. When Taylor just gashed and gashed and gashed//

Except it's not a Taylor Martinez highlight reel - it's a recap of the game.

It only looks like a Taylor Martinez highlight reel because against one of the nation's best defenses, the guy gashed and gashed and gashed them.

Their seems to be more people bitching about people being critical of him than there are people actually being critical of him. There's a bitchfest going on alright.

This^^ How can you discuss a player without discussing his misfortunes as well.. If you only talk about the good, then all players are perfect.....

There's been a plenty of talk of Taylor's negatives-over the years. This thread was started with a highlight reel and centered around his speed and athleticism and how good of a quarterback he is.

That's all we do is discuss misfortunes-about every player and every coach. Very seldom, if ever at all, is there converstation solely dedicated to positivity. It wouldnt hurt the path of conversation of our fanbase one bit to have such a thing, would it?

Well at least admit then, that "highlight" didn't belong with that highlight reel... I particularly like the Kansas State reel best, from 2012 I think... or whenever we last played them. When Taylor just gashed and gashed and gashed//

Ok, as well as the other dozen or what ever negative plays in the film that had nothing to do with Taylor.

Whatever. We all got it off our chest. Time to get back to bashing our star qb.

The 2010 KSU game was nice, but all those yards and all those points came against one of the worst defenses in college football that year.

K-State's 2010 defensive ranks:

Rush Defense - 119

Pass Efficiency Defense - 55

Scoring Defense - 78

Total Defense - 106

Compare that to Sparty's defense last year:

Rush Defense - 8

Pass Efficiency Defense - 3

Scoring Defense - 9

Total Defense - 4

Sparty gave up an average of 98 yards rushing per game last year. Martinez ran for 205 yards all by himself.

Sparty gave up an average of 98 yards passing per game last year. Martinez threw for 160 yards.

Sparty gave up an average of 16 points per game last year. Martinez accounted for 12 all by himself.

Sparty gave up an average of 274 yards per game last year. Martinez accounted for 365.

Did he throw three picks? Sure. But if those picks are your takeaway from Martinez' game against one of the best overall defenses Nebraska has faced in the past several years, I would submit that you're focusing on the wrong things.

• Fire 4

Their seems to be more people bitching about people being critical of him than there are people actually being critical of him. There's a bitchfest going on alright.

Wait a minute... you're saying that on a Husker fan website, there are more people defending our players than bitching about them?

Wow. Who would ever have thought such a thing was possible?!?!?!???!

Such extreme sides don't need to be taken. We can all discuss every aspect of his game. Or at least I think we should be able to, without tempers flaring.

• Fire 1

Wait a minute... you're saying that on a Husker fan website, there are more people defending our players than bitching about them?

Such extreme sides don't need to be taken. We can all discuss every aspect of his game. Or at least I think we should be able to, without tempers flaring.

I think we should be able to have a thread dedicated to the good things he's done without it getting derailed into a discussion about how he's worst than the holocaust.

The 2010 KSU game was nice, but all those yards and all those points came against one of the worst defenses in college football that year.

Rush Defense - 119

Scoring Defense - 78

Total Defense - 106

Rush Defense - 8

Scoring Defense - 9

Total Defense - 4

Sparty gave up an average of 98 yards rushing per game last year. Martinez ran for 205 yards all by himself.

Sparty gave up an average of 98 yards passing per game last year. Martinez threw for 160 yards.

Sparty gave up an average of 16 points per game last year. Martinez accounted for 12 all by himself.

Sparty gave up an average of 274 yards per game last year. Martinez accounted for 365.

Did he throw three picks? Sure. But if those picks are your takeaway from Martinez' game against one of the best overall defenses Nebraska has faced in the past several years, I would submit that you're focusing on the wrong things.

It isn't even so much the picks, its when the picks seem to get thrown ... I hear ya though with how good there D was, and trust me man I really do think Taylor has got more talent then most people on that field any given day. Would love to see him go out this year with a heaping helping of stats, and a couple of real nice trophies for the school trophy room!!

I'm sure everyone is sorry that we got in the way of you being so very reasonable. Please, continue telling us more about Taylor's blunders.

Man I forgot how good Taylor's wheels were in the MSU game. The D had some flashes of old school as well, gang tackling and getting pressure, but they were only flashes...

I was trying to stay even keel this off season but all the highlights have got me excited again, and it's only June...

My favorite run is at 4:39, because at the end two Michigan State players run into each other right after Martinez runs between them.

Also, if you watch footage of the whole game, after Martinez throws the interception, he's on the sideline and the camera zooms in on him and he says "f*** me." I always liked that because it shows no one is harder on him than he is.

I'm sure everyone is sorry that we got in the way of you being so very reasonable. Please, continue telling us more about Taylor's blunders.

I'm not sure why you're being so confrontational about this. I was trying to be reasonable. Jeez Louise.

Rush Defense - 119

Scoring Defense - 78

Total Defense - 106

Rush Defense - 8

Scoring Defense - 9

Total Defense - 4

If ya don't know, now ya know!!!!

Martinez's performance against MSU really didn't sink in until a day or two after. I started to look back on it and watch highlights....and I was like, "God....he torched one of the best defenses in the BIG10."

Many Mart haters would always say he couldn't perform all that well against solid defenses (esp. in 2010 and 2011)...well...he performed damn well last year against solid defenses...yeah, the turnovers suck, but the overall performance was pretty impressive. I really hope he can bring home NEB a trophy. The dude is a studd. If he eliminates the turnovers and NEB is 12-0 or 11-1 by the regular season....there's a very good chance he is in the Heisman race.