Man I forgot how good Taylor's wheels were

ZRod

Just for arguments sake (and since your entire stance seems to be on Taylor's stats), let's take a look Suh's and Taylor's stats in championship games.

Ndumakong Suh

Big 12 championship - 12 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks.

Taylor Martinez

Big 12 championship - 12 of 24, 143 yards, 0 TDs, 1 incerception, - 32 rushing yards (that's negative), 0 TDs, 1 fumble (3 other fumbles recovered by Neb)

Big 10 Championship - 17 of 33, 184 yards, 0 TDs, 2 interceptions, 140 rushing yards, 2 TDs, 1 fumble (1 other fumble recovered by Neb)

Notice a difference? One had one of the greatest games statistically from his position ever.

For the record, I like Taylor and think he's a heck of a QB. But, to announce him as the greatest QB in Nebraska history is ludicrous.

Many seem to judge Suh's entire career here by the Texas game. Maybe it's just me though...

Also not a valid comparison. Suh didn't need any help to get his stats. Not taking anything away from him but he could make his impact no matter how poorly the other 10 players on the field were playing. Martinez can make some crazy plays but any QB needs help from the other 10 guys to put up consistent stats.

Just for arguments sake (and since your entire stance seems to be on Taylor's stats), let's take a look Suh's and Taylor's stats in championship games.

Ndumakong Suh

Big 12 championship - 12 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks.

Taylor Martinez

Big 12 championship - 12 of 24, 143 yards, 0 TDs, 1 incerception, - 32 rushing yards (that's negative), 0 TDs, 1 fumble (3 other fumbles recovered by Neb)

Big 10 Championship - 17 of 33, 184 yards, 0 TDs, 2 interceptions, 140 rushing yards, 2 TDs, 1 fumble (1 other fumble recovered by Neb)

Notice a difference? One had one of the greatest games statistically from his position ever.

For the record, I like Taylor and think he's a heck of a QB. But, to announce him as the greatest QB in Nebraska history is ludicrous.

Many seem to judge Suh's entire career here by the Texas game. Maybe it's just me though...

Also not a valid comparison. Suh didn't need any help to get his stats. Not taking anything away from him but he could make his impact no matter how poorly the other 10 players on the field were playing. Martinez can make some crazy plays but any QB needs help from the other 10 guys to put up consistent stats.

Didn't need any help? Just look at Jared Crick as ample evidence what having an NFL secondary does to help a lineman's statistical output.

Suh didn't need help, but he definitely got a lot of it in the form of Dejon Gomes, Eric Hagg, Prince Amukamara and Alfonzo Dennard.

On an offense loaded with talent I can still say that Taylor Martinez is the player I am most excited about this season. He's had a long time to gain experience at the position and in the system. He has arguably the best receiving corps in the B1G around him and Ameer is no slouch. Add to that a bevy of speedsters at almost every position and you have a QB who is ready in the exact right place at the exact right time to put his stamp on the program.

Now if that defense can just reach mediocrity. . .

• Fire 1

On an offense loaded with talent I can still say that Taylor Martinez is the player I am most excited about this season. He's had a long time to gain experience at the position and in the system. He has arguably the best receiving corps in the B1G around him and Ameer is no slouch. Add to that a bevy of speedsters at almost every position and you have a QB who is ready in the exact right place at the exact right time to put his stamp on the program.

Now if that defense can just reach mediocrity. . .

You sum up my thoughts often Husker_x. I agree 100%

He's extremely productive in yards and TDs, but he's elite in turnovers. That's his legacy so far. Fortunately his legacy isn't finished being written. This will be his best year yet, I reckon. It's going to be fun to watch.

I wouldn't say that's his legacy. He's the all-time school leader in total offense. That's his legacy.

I would agree however that the main statistic separating him from greats like Frazier or Gill is turnovers. Taylor's basically on par or better in every other category.

He's extremely productive in yards and TDs, but he's elite in turnovers. That's his legacy so far. Fortunately his legacy isn't finished being written. This will be his best year yet, I reckon. It's going to be fun to watch.

I wouldn't say that's his legacy. He's the all-time school leader in total offense. That's his legacy.

I would agree however that the main statistic separating him from greats like Frazier or Gill is turnovers. Taylor's basically on par or better in every other category.

In other words, his turnover problem is part of his legacy. . . thus far. The good news is we seem to remember of these guys mostly by what they did their senior season. Hypothetically, if he puts the team on his back and carries them to a championship this year, that would be what he's most remembered for.

Their seems to be more people bitching about people being critical of him than there are people actually being critical of him. There's a bitchfest going on alright.

Good. Maybe if people would stop hijacking every damn thread like a bunch of classless a$$hole$, people wouldn't be getting bitched at.

I know I'm late for the show but this is so true.

I would also like to thank all who are serving and all who have served in the military. god bless you all.

Their seems to be more people bitching about people being critical of him than there are people actually being critical of him. There's a bitchfest going on alright.

Good. Maybe if people would stop hijacking every damn thread like a bunch of classless a$$hole$, people wouldn't be getting bitched at.

I know I'm late for the show but this is so true.

I would also like to thank all who are serving and all who have served in the military. god bless you all.

:confucius

• Fire 1

In other words, his turnover problem is part of his legacy. . . thus far. The good news is we seem to remember of these guys mostly by what they did their senior season. Hypothetically, if he puts the team on his back and carries them to a championship this year, that would be what he's most remembered for.

No, his legacy is being our starter for four years and being one of the greatest athletes in this university's history. The only Husker fans who consider turnovers to be T-Mart's legacy are bitter about the losses his turnovers played a major part in, such as the 2010 Big XII Championship Game and the Ohio State game last year.

No, his legacy is being our starter for four years and being one of the greatest athletes in this university's history.

I think it's all those things.

No, his legacy is being our starter for four years and being one of the greatest athletes in this university's history.

I think it's all those things.

That's fair. My impression at first was that you were saying the turnovers alone were his legacy. I would agree that looking back on his career, Taylor will always be remembered for being explosive, productive, fun to watch, and also a major turnover risk. Hopefully he has an awesome senior season that will overshadow his previous turnover issues.

The best thing Taylor can do this year, other than win the B1G, is stop turning the ball over.

Those seem to be his biggest hurdles throughout his career. Not all his fault and his makes up for a lot of them with those wheels of his. It's just not the easiest pill to swallow.

The game up in East Lansing last season was the quintessential Taylor Martinez game. He needs to not make it so hard on himself though.

I think Taylor is going to have a phenomenal year. After this season we won't even be talking about his shortcomings. It's time for him to grab this thing by the reins and run this offense to its fullest. I really hope to see some of those spectacular runs like he had early in his career. We all know if this offensive line gives him an opening, he can be gone in a flash.