Future Offensive Coordinators

I couldn't ask for a better OC than Coach Beck, but it seems inevitable he will be leaving in the next couple years for a head coaching gig. My question is who will be our next OC? Do we promote within the program and go for someone like Coach Fisher? Do we look outside the program? And, finally, do we keep our spread style since we have the personnel or have a complete offensive over haul?

There's just about zero chance of answering that question with any kind of certainty.

I think the best way to answer it is to say that Bo (presuming he's still here) knows generally what kind of offensive scheme puts pressure on a defense, and will continue to run that kind of offense here. He'll, therefore, look for an OC that will keep that kind of offense - although maybe not exactly what Beck runs - for the foreseeable future.

There's just about zero chance of answering that question with any kind of certainty.

I think the best way to answer it is to say that Bo (presuming he's still here) knows generally what kind of offensive scheme puts pressure on a defense, and will continue to run that kind of offense here. He'll, therefore, look for an OC that will keep that kind of offense - although maybe not exactly what Beck runs - for the foreseeable future.

I would agree, and hope we keep our style of a fast paced spread, especially bc it has been working well for us(and is fun to watch). Apologies about the broadness and general nature of the question... Just bored at work.

I don't even want to think about that right now, losing Beck would really hurt.

Pfft. Whatever, man. Beck goes full Watson far too often. We need an OC that will call run plays on every single down. Beck sucks.

:sarcasm

In all seriousness though, if Beck leaves for greener pastures, you have to think Scott Frost will be in the conversation.

Pfft. Whatever, man. Beck goes full Watson far too often. We need an OC that will call run plays on every single down. Beck sucks.

In all seriousness though, if Beck leaves for greener pastures, you have to think Scott Frost will be in the conversation.

I hear the Cowboys have a run-heavy play caller now that would fit us to a T.
  • Fire 2

I hear the Cowboys have a run-heavy play caller now that would fit us to a T.

112.jpg

Chip Kelly

it will be interesting to see how his career plays out. this does make sense. but i think he would rather be a head coach at a second-tier school rather than oc at a top-tier school.

Sorry, but I gotta nix Chip Kelly. He is not from Youngstown.

:lol: