*Official Nebraska 2013 Season Prediction Thread*

Call me crazy but ive had this year in the back of my mind since we joined the B1G and the schedules came out. I think we breeze to 8-0. UCLA won't be as close as every predicts. Then NW gives us a scare but we end up winning by 10 or 14. We beat a michigan team who is very overrated and Gardner proves that last years games were a fluke and he's just another average mobile qb. After winning in Ann Arbor, we finish the biz for the first 12-0 regular season since i don't even know when. After that we get tOSU. With a natty champ berth on the line. From there i don't know. If we win we play Bama for the title. If we lose, we play a PAC 12 in the rose bowl. Lose either of those unfortunately. I'm going to say 12-2. Loses to tOSU and bowl game.

Problem is that "average" is that all it takes to make our defense look like swiss cheese.

Call me crazy but ive had this year in the back of my mind since we joined the B1G and the schedules came out. I think we breeze to 8-0. UCLA won't be as close as every predicts. Then NW gives us a scare but we end up winning by 10 or 14. We beat a michigan team who is very overrated and Gardner proves that last years games were a fluke and he's just another average mobile qb. After winning in Ann Arbor, we finish the biz for the first 12-0 regular season since i don't even know when. After that we get tOSU. With a natty champ berth on the line. From there i don't know. If we win we play Bama for the title. If we lose, we play a PAC 12 in the rose bowl. Lose either of those unfortunately. I'm going to say 12-2. Loses to tOSU and bowl game.

The only way we lose the championship game and still go to the Rose Bowl is if the team we're playing ends up playing for the title. What if OSU or whoever we're matching up against is only ranked 15th or so? We'll likely be an at-large bid for another bowl but it won't be the Rose.

The only way we lose the championship game and still go to the Rose Bowl is if the team we're playing ends up playing for the title. What if OSU or whoever we're matching up against is only ranked 15th or so? We'll likely be an at-large bid for another bowl but it won't be the Rose.

Even if we lose to a MNC game participant, we're still unlikely to get into a BCS bowl. Georgia from last year is one example among many.

I'd love to drink the Kool-Aid and believe this is going to be a great year. However, I see a big emotional roller coaster coming this year. The Huskers will start off 7-0 and be sitting in the Top 10 with Northwestern coming up. I think it's possible that they could lose to both Northwestern and Michigan in back to back weeks. Nebraska rolls MSU, but the Penn State game is a trap game. As much as I hope I'm wrong, I'm looking at 9-3. If the defense performs better than last year OR the Huskers turn the ball over less, then I'll go with 10-2. Somehow, they'll get smoked in one game and lose a game they have no business losing.

I'd love to drink the Kool-Aid and believe this is going to be a great year. However, I see a big emotional roller coaster coming this year. The Huskers will start off 7-0 and be sitting in the Top 10 with Northwestern coming up. I think it's possible that they could lose to both Northwestern and Michigan in back to back weeks. Nebraska rolls MSU, but the Penn State game is a trap game. As much as I hope I'm wrong, I'm looking at 9-3. If the defense performs better than last year OR the Huskers turn the ball over less, then I'll go with 10-2. Somehow, they'll get smoked in one game and lose a game they have no business losing.

I do agree on the getting smoked part, too young of a D not to have at least one let down.

And welcome, by the way.

Aug. 31 Wyoming vs Nebraska W

Sept. 7 Southern Miss vs Nebraska W

Sept. 14 UCLA vs Nebraska L

Sept. 21 South Dakota State vs Nebraska W

Oct. 5 Illinois vs Nebraska W

Oct. 12 at Purdue vs Nebraska W

Oct. 19 BYE

Oct. 26 at Minnesota vs Nebraska W

Nov. 2 Northwestern vs Nebraska W

Nov. 9 at Michigan vs Nebraska L

Nov. 16 Michigan State vs Nebraska W

Nov. 23 at Penn State vs Nebraska W

Nov. 30 Iowa vs Nebraska W

9-10 wins. No conference title. Won't even venture a guess about a bowl game.

The status quo remains. (IMO, Pelini is too good to get rid of and not good enough to get over the hump. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong. :cheers )

I was curious, and sorry for positing this here, but that's where I found the pic in the sig; do you guys actually perceive OSU as your new Texas? (I ask b/c of the mob boss as OSU). Never heard anyone in the conference say that OSU tries to push their weight around (may not have been listening if it was said) the way that it seems you guys felt Texas did in the Big 12. So, just a curiosity question.

Edit: doh, didn't realize the sig doesn't show up in quote.

The status quo remains. (IMO, Pelini is too good to get rid of and not good enough to get over the hump. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong. :cheers )

I was curious, and sorry for positing this here, but that's where I found the pic in the sig; do you guys actually perceive OSU as your new Texas? (I ask b/c of the mob boss as OSU). Never heard anyone in the conference say that OSU tries to push their weight around (may not have been listening if it was said) the way that it seems you guys felt Texas did in the Big 12. So, just a curiosity question.

Not even comparable.

It's not so much about you guys throwin weight around and so on. But rather the perception that right now, Ohio St is the big dogs of the Big 10-in multiple sports. It appears as if you have the most money and so on and so, but I seriously that there is even a fraction of the negativity as there was towards Texas. It's more of just a pecking order thing.

If that makes any sense at all?

the over/under for our season is 9.5 wins. i would take the over because i am pretty optimistic, and even a little confident, that we will get at least 10 wins. i would be pretty disappointed in the season if we got 9 or less.

we are -7 against ucla.

I'm assuming the 9.5 is for the 12 regular season games? I'd say that's a fair number. I'd probably be disappointed if we're under, though.