Vote for ESPN's #UltimateTeam

http://espn.go.com/college-football/features/ultimateteam

Nebraska Roster

Captain: Mike Rozier

Offense

Name Pos Tommie Frazier QB Eric Crouch QB Ahman Green RB Joel Makovicka RB Rex Burkhead RB

Defense

Name Pos Grant Wistrom DE Kyle Vanden Bosch DE Ndamukong Suh DT Trev Alberts LB Mike Brown S

-----------------------------------------

Miami Roster

Captain: Michael Irvin

Offense

Name Pos Ken Dorsey QB Edgerrin James RB Willis McGahee RB Santana Moss WR Andre Johnson WR

Defense

Name Pos Warren Sapp DL Ray Lewis LB Dan Morgan LB Ed Reed S Sean Taylor S

I mainly made this thread because I saw on a status update that a few of you think that clearly Miami is the better squad here. I'm wondering how many of you actually think that. Just wondering.

http://espn.go.com/c...es/ultimateteam

Nebraska Roster

Offense

Name Pos Tommie Frazier QB Eric Crouch QB Ahman Green RB Joel Makovicka RB Rex Burkhead RB

Defense

Name Pos Grant Wistrom DE Kyle Vanden Bosch DE Ndamukong Suh DT Trev Alberts LB Mike Brown S

Miami Roster

Offense

Name Pos Ken Dorsey QB Edgerrin James RB Willis McGahee RB Santana Moss WR Andre Johnson WR

Defense

I mainly made this thread because I saw on a status update that a few of you think that clearly Miami is the better squad here. I'm wondering how many of you actually think that. Just wondering.

Guilty as charged.

http://espn.go.com/c...es/ultimateteam

Nebraska Roster

Offense

Defense

Miami Roster

Offense

Defense

Guilty as charged.

cool. leave all your husker memorabilia at the door on your way out. :power

NFL talent does not equal collegiate success. With all the talent the early 2000's Miami squads had, they massively underachieved.

NFL talent does not equal collegiate success. With all the talent the early 2000's Miami squads had, they massively underachieved.

So you're saying that they are better for the results that they did not achieve??? Got it. Mind blown. :facepalm:

It's a college football poll, not an nfl poll.

So you're saying that they are better for the results that they did not achieve??? Got it. Mind blown. :facepalm:

It's a college football poll, not an nfl poll.

You should probably read that again. Saunders is not saying that.

The parameters of the vote have nothing to do with team accomplishments - it's about the collective talent of all of the individual players listed for each team.

In this case, the NFL success of Miami's players actually casts a shadow over their college dominance. Take a look at the accolades of all of the individual players listed - on a player-by-player comparison, there really isn't any. USC is probably the only program that even comes close.