OG Alex Lewis

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_23736783

An arraignment for former University of Colorado lineman Alexander Lewis -- who, along with CU quarterback Jordan Webb, is accused of assaulting a man on University Hill in May -- was postponed Friday as he mulls a plea deal offered by prosecutors.

Lewis, 21, faces one count of second-degree assault and two counts of harassment.

At Friday's arraignment hearing, prosecutor Bruce Langer indicated the two sides had reached "the end of negotiations" and that Lewis was considering his options before deciding whether he will take a deal or proceed to trial.

Lewis is now scheduled for arraignment Aug. 16.

In one of the articles, the alleged victim (who lives in another state) said he doesn't remember the incident. There apparently is a witness, but without the victim testifying it seems like its a hard case to prove. (Not saying the conduct was appropriate - I don't know, I wasn't there; just an FYI).

An arraignment for former University of Colorado lineman Alexander Lewis -- who, along with CU quarterback Jordan Webb, is accused of assaulting a man on University Hill in May -- was postponed Friday as he mulls a plea deal offered by prosecutors.

Lewis, 21, faces one count of second-degree assault and two counts of harassment.

At Friday's arraignment hearing, prosecutor Bruce Langer indicated the two sides had reached "the end of negotiations" and that Lewis was considering his options before deciding whether he will take a deal or proceed to trial.

2nd degree assault and 2 counts of harassment. That dosen't sound too bad. I'd let him sit a year and see if he can stay out of trouble.

2nd degree assault and 2 counts of harassment. That dosen't sound too bad. I'd let him sit a year and see if he can stay out of trouble.

WWUD?

What Would Urban Do?

My total guess is if he takes the plea-bargain he could still come here, maybe not making it in time to attend first semester, not sure how much time he'd have to do. If he doesn't take the plea and can't beat it he'd be done. Hell as long as this has taken when would the damn trial be?