Subbing in Tommy Armstrong this year?

Florida won the NC in 2006 with a two QB system. It can be done. Osborne rotated Frazier and Berringer in 95 Orange Bowl. Granted their were extenuating circumstances that led to that happening.

If the starter is playing well. Then by all means keep him in the game if the defense is not letting the team getting seperation. However, if the offense is stagnant perhaps a new signal caller can give the team a spark.

What is your definition of a two QB system? Tebow threw 33 passes (2.5 per game) and had 89 rushing attempts (6.3 per game) for the year. That's probably 10-12 plays per game with a future Heisman winner and three-time Heisman finalist. I'd say that's a pretty extreme example. Now if you're saying TA will be of the same caliber, I guess I can live with that.

Nobody does this when they have a clear #1 QB.

Not that I want to be like them in anyway shape or form but if I remember correctly a few years Mizzery did this when both Brad Smith and that Booger Picker where QBs. They gave them a set of downs every 4th or 5th series no matter how the game was going to the next guy.

That being said...I'd look for a play or two where we have both our #1 and 2# Qbs are in together.

Not that I want to be like them in anyway shape or form but if I remember correctly a few years Mizzery did this when both Brad Smith and that Booger Picker where QBs. They gave them a set of downs every 4th or 5th series no matter how the game was going to the next guy.

That being said...I'd look for a play or two where we have both our #1 and 2# Qbs are in together.

9695_orlykaratebaby.gif

yes. I've brought that' particular game against Missouri in '05 up on a couple of occasions in other exact discussions to this one. We were down 24-7 and on our way to getting run of the field. Putting in BoogerBoy allowed us to get back in the game. Brad Smith came back in then and proceeded to scorch us once more. It kinda reiterates my point of view on the matter.

You beat me to it. That might only happen once or twice, depending on how it goes. But other than poor performances by Taylor (and let's hope that's not something NU has to deal with), there's no way I see Armstrong in a game other than mop-up duty, and it'd be nice if there were plenty of those opportunities.

You guys may want to start looking at Stanton to back up Taylor this year.

Umm...why?

You guys may want to start looking at Stanton to back up Taylor this year.

I believe Bo said he might redshirt.

Have you heard otherwise?

I'm pretty sure he was making a joke after the reference to RKIII getting some playing time.

yes. I've brought that' particular game against Missouri in '05 up on a couple of occasions in other exact discussions to this one. We were down 24-7 and on our way to getting run of the field. Putting in BoogerBoy allowed us to get back in the game. Brad Smith came back in then and proceeded to scorch us once more. It kinda reiterates my point of view on the matter.

Just pointing out its done. I agree its stupid. But people do it quite often. I think Texas also did that with Chase McCoy.

Just pointing out its done. I agree its stupid. But people do it quite often. I think Texas also did that with Chase McCoy.

I think the Texas situation is a little different though. I truely believe Mack was still searching for the guy. He was playing both because he really didnt know which was better. One week it was Ash, next it was McCoy. And how the hell is Texas so bad anyway?

I think the Texas situation is a little different though. I truely believe Mack was still searching for the guy. He was playing both because he really didnt know which was better. One week it was Ash, next it was McCoy. And how the hell is Texas so bad anyway?

They are the perfect example of how the game had changed today. Many talented athletes have never had to work for any type of playing time. If they didn't get it, mom and dad called the coaches or they moved them to teams where they saw the field. It wasn't about working hard to be the best it was about putting yourself in the best position to play regardless of the effort/time/work involved. I see it everyday in the people under 30 I have to hire. Their parents were so uncomfortable with letting their kids be uncomfortable, they can't handle not getting things easy so they quit on the team and themselves.