Predict the starting defense Week 1, and by the end of the season

Based on the things that we've heard about players on the roster this year, make your prediction for the starters on defense week 1, and then any changes you think that might happen by the end of the season.

DE - Jason Ankrah

DT - Thad Randle

DT - Broderick Nickens

DE - Randy Gregory

LB - Jared Afalava

LB - David Santos

LB - Zaire Anderson

CB - Josh Mitchell

CB - Jonathan Rose/Ciante Evans

Nickel - Ciante Evans

S - Harvey Jackson

S - Corey Cooper

The only changes that I think might happen by the end of the season would be:

S - Charles Jackson supplants Corey Cooper - This might be how it is Day 1

DT - Vincent Valentine supplants either Randle or Nickens. Maybe Curry takes the other spot as well.

Same except for

Replace Nickens with Valentine

Rose with Seisay

Yeah, if Valentine gets his sh#t together he should be the starter. Bapiste will also be the starter at corner instead of Rose. SJB has a ton of potential.........

Yeah, CB is the least of my worries. I'd feel good about Mitchell, SJB, Ciante, Davie, Seisay, Green, or Rose holding down those spots. LB, S, and somewhat DT are pretty much up in the air at this point.

I would be surprised to see Nickens in the DT rotation.

He's been mentioned by Bo several times as a guy who is tough to deal with there. I think he will absolutely be in the rotation, if not starting on the line week 1. I think VV will take the DT spot eventually, but who knows if that will be by week 1.

I would be surprised to see Nickens in the DT rotation.

I have been hearing good things about Nickens, but I'll take your word for it though.

I think starting DT's would be Randle (for sure) and Williams...maaaaaaaaybe. I could also see them sliding Moss down to DT as well (from what I've heard).

It's possible he plays/starts, but that also means we may have some issues with the other DT's on our roster. Nickens only moved there in the Spring while we have guys like Valentine, Curry, and Williams who were specifically brought in to play that spot. Just something I've thought about seeing Nickens name being brought up.