Bo Pelini's Job Security Examined

I don't do moral victories. A loss is a loss and a win is a win.

I never want to see you say anything about blowout losses then.

i judge how bad we win or lose to who we play and how the season will play out. for all the close wins we had last year against sh**ty teams caught up with us in the ccg last year. when you play against better teams you can't fool anyone how good you are.

i think everyone knew exactly how good we were. no one knew how well wiscy would adjust from the first time we played them and how badly we would not. but regardless, the underlined is really bad syntax.

i judge how bad we win or lose to who we play and how the season will play out. for all the close wins we had last year against sh**ty teams caught up with us in the ccg last year. when you play against better teams you can't fool anyone how good you are.

i think everyone knew exactly how good we were. no one knew how well wiscy would adjust from the first time we played them and how badly we would not. but regardless, the underlined is really bad syntax.

yes i know it be bad syntax. But If Wiscy caught us offguard how in the hell were they a td away from winning the Rose Bowl? Answer they got better during the season.

yes i know it be bad syntax. But If Wiscy caught us offguard how in the hell were they a td away from winning the Rose Bowl? Answer they got better during the season.

yeah, man. i agree. they adjusted during the season to get better and we stagnated. however, i think he put up a pretty good effort against georgia.

I think the thing that hurts the most is that when we do lose we seem to get blown out badly, i.e. Ohio State 2012, Wisconsin 2011 and 2012 B1G championship. That shouldn't be happening and I think that's the most concerning thing to me anyways. I think Bo runs a clean program, is growing as a coach, and we are consistently winning 9 to 10 games a season. My problem is we've been to the CCG 3 times out of 5 years for crying out loud. You think we would've won one of those right?! I know I know, the whole Texass thing is a sore subject so lets not go there. If we fire Bo because he doesn't take us to a big game or win the big game this season I think we're screwed. No one will want to come here............maybe we will never get back to what we once were folks. Sad to think about really...........

Pelini is the man for the job and barring some totally ridiculous 1 in a million catastrophe this season, his job is safe for quite awhile.

He also does things the right way and his team is rarely in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Unfortunate that the national perception of him stems from the 2010 A&M game.

In which Greg Burke and his crew told Bo he was getting hosed, just deal with it.

Pelini is the man for the job and barring some totally ridiculous 1 in a million catastrophe this season, his job is safe for quite awhile.

He also does things the right way and his team is rarely in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Unfortunate that the national perception of him stems from the 2010 A&M game.

In which Greg Burke and his crew told Bo he was getting hosed, just deal with it.

Yep...and that can be confirmed as well via an article if I am not mistaken.

Oh here it is:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31035411

I wouldn't really call that an attack......the word "unreasonable" doesn't come off as an attack to me....and probably many others agree....

And plus....I wouldn't call Northwestern, Michigan, Penn St. and Michigan St sh**ty teams last year....

Teams that NEB beat by the way.......I don't know what your definition of a "sh**ty team" is? A team that isn't top 10?

how good do you think we are in the first place? we aren't a top 10 team and at best we crack the top 20. Funny how you left out Iowa and we barely beat them. Michigan we should've beaten badly after robinson goes out. I mean they only got like 2 first downs after the half. Northwestern not a bad team. Penn St isn't Penn St due to sanctions. Michigan St wasn't that good.

I wouldn't really call that an attack......the word "unreasonable" doesn't come off as an attack to me....and probably many others agree....

And plus....I wouldn't call Northwestern, Michigan, Penn St. and Michigan St sh**ty teams last year....

Teams that NEB beat by the way.......I don't know what your definition of a "sh**ty team" is? A team that isn't top 10?

how good do you think we are in the first place? we aren't a top 10 team and at best we crack the top 20. Funny how you left out Iowa and we barely beat them. Michigan we should've beaten badly after robinson goes out. I mean they only got like 2 first downs after the half. Northwestern not a bad team. Penn St isn't Penn St due to sanctions. Michigan St wasn't that good.

15 to 20. You didn't answer my question though...

I say Bo is the man for the forseeable future. Just like with Tom it takes time. Get an atmosphere of hard work and character, eventually it will pay off.

I'll take a good team every year, great team a few years every decade and if the chips fall right a NC once in a great while as long as our team continues to do the great things they do off the field and be very very very proud of that. I think people lose sight of the big picture that started with Bobby D, was put on a pillar by TO and is now being done again under Bo. I've had a chance to be around TO a few times in the last month as he's building his TeamMates program even more and I've been reminded about how things need to be done and what really should be considered "great" as a program.

The SEC is not THAT much better than everyone else. They are still the best, but the gap is closing fast.

Actually . . . they are THAT much better than everyone else. The gap isn't that big at the skill positions but on the offensive and defensive lines the talent/depth gap between the top teams in the SEC and everyone else is enormous.

That doesn't mean that every team in the SEC is a world beater but the best in the SEC is easily the best in the country.

What do you see that would lead you to believe that the gap is closing fast?

The SEC is not THAT much better than everyone else. They are still the best, but the gap is closing fast.

Actually . . . they are THAT much better than everyone else. The gap isn't that big at the skill positions but on the offensive and defensive lines the talent/depth gap between the top teams in the SEC and everyone else is enormous.

That doesn't mean that every team in the SEC is a world beater but the best in the SEC is easily the best in the country.

What do you see that would lead you to believe that the gap is closing fast?

This is mostly a pointless debate. IMO the SEC is getting a lot of credit that isn't always deserved. Its very similar to Nebraska, OU, CU, the Big 8 back in the day. Hell we had Nebraska, OU and CU all in the top 3 one year. You can't tell me that was really the case with so many teams out there but since we played each other we had residual effects. We weren't probably that much better than a bunch of teams but received a ratings boost because "we'd always been at the top" on years we should have probably been 15-20. The SEC has 2 great teams almost every year and 2 good teams (sometimes 3) most years and the rest get a ratings boost based on those teams.