Coaches poll is out

This is all so B-O-G-U-S !! Not our "preseason" ranking, but that there is a "preseason" ranking AT ALL !!! Why can't we get this right and start with rankings NO SOONER THAN October 1. Let some of the season play out before arbitrarily giving out false points. Or better yet, if the coaches and media want to rank so early, let's rank 1-64 and then seed everyone as of week one and start the tournament. The remaining teams 65-96 can then get on with their schedules. Of course, someone will be butt hurt and want a play in series for teams 65-70 or something like that.

How about eight, 12-team power conferences, resulting in eight outright champions to form the play off bracket. All the bowls stay intact because the 2nd-6th place teams can still qualify for the post-season, and we get ourselves a real national champion, not a mythical one. It all sounds so simple. (Oh, and for the remaining 32 D-1 schools, or whatever they call it anymore) let them start their own new division again.

The 17-20 range seems to be the standard starting spot for Nebraska these days

2012 - #17

2011 - #10

2010 - #8

2009 - #24

How far back do you go to include "these days"? One year?

Well apparently so. Hell, I'm surprised I can remember that far back.

I guess 2012 is both the best and the worst Husker team I can remember.

Looking at the teams ranked above us and we are starting to go toe to toe with them.in recruiting. When bo first took over we were not recruiting against the top teams very well. All the teams above us have a great recruiting advantage based on region, weather and pure population standpoint. I think this staff is finding its groove and hope they continue moving the program the right direction. Our young talent on both sides of the ball will be exciting to watch this season and down.the road.

I don't see a lot of these schools having a great recruiting advantage. I suppose if you want to put a big blanket over the whole south and say that the weather gives them an advantage, but Alabama and South Carolina are pretty ugly states overall and the heat and humidity for training camp and early season is miserable. Clemson and A&M are out in the middle of nowhere. As for Ohio St, Columbus seems like just a bigger version of Lincoln/Omaha. More people but more competition. If the population is such a big advantage why isn't Indiana ever up there? How could Stillwater, Oklahoma be a recruiting advantage? Maybe the reasons are in the cheating thread. I just don't buy that Nebraska = Siberia and everywhere else = South Beach or Hollywood, and yes, I know you didn't say that.

I find it odd that there are that many SEC teams that high. 6 in the top 13. I think ATM is high. Really if it weren't for the Bama win last year they weren't very special. OU is also high in my opinion. I think they are expected to struggle. You listen to Barry talk about his old ball team after watching them this spring and summer and he thinks they have Oline issues.

Looking at the teams ranked above us and we are starting to go toe to toe with them.in recruiting. When bo first took over we were not recruiting against the top teams very well. All the teams above us have a great recruiting advantage based on region, weather and pure population standpoint. I think this staff is finding its groove and hope they continue moving the program the right direction. Our young talent on both sides of the ball will be exciting to watch this season and down.the road.

I don't see a lot of these schools having a great recruiting advantage. I suppose if you want to put a big blanket over the whole south and say that the weather gives them an advantage, but Alabama and South Carolina are pretty ugly states overall and the heat and humidity for training camp and early season is miserable. Clemson and A&M are out in the middle of nowhere. As for Ohio St, Columbus seems like just a bigger version of Lincoln/Omaha. More people but more competition. If the population is such a big advantage why isn't Indiana ever up there? How could Stillwater, Oklahoma be a recruiting advantage? Maybe the reasons are in the cheating thread. I just don't buy that Nebraska = Siberia and everywhere else = South Beach or Hollywood, and yes, I know you didn't say that.

Here you go. It's a bit old, but relevant: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/01/20/recruiting/

Some teams have advantages based off they are in hotbeds for talented athletes. Columbus isnt great but Ohio football is. Not al the teams above us have all the advantages but it seems most of them kill it in recruiting due to one advantage whether it be proximity, weather or hotbed for talent. The SEC card plays very big for southern athletes. It is hard to get them to leave for Lincoln. It sucks but it is the truth right now. Now we win a few BCS games and that may change.

Who gave Arkansas a vote? Did they watch that team last year?

A9UWbc7CcAEhguc.jpg

That pic makes it even more impressive he was able to catch a wife like this.

jen-bielema-vegas-594x594_original.jpg?1370893440

Plenty of dudes like BB get women like that with a lot of this:

money.jpg

Don't be a hater.

He's not hatin', it's the truth.

Look at her, then look at him.

Yeah, money is the answer.

• Fire 1

Who gave Arkansas a vote? Did they watch that team last year?

A9UWbc7CcAEhguc.jpg

That pic makes it even more impressive he was able to catch a wife like this.

jen-bielema-vegas-594x594_original.jpg?1370893440

Plenty of dudes like BB get women like that with a lot of this:

money.jpg

Don't be a hater.

Who's hating? Just stating a fact that some dudes that are lacking in a lot of other categories sometimes get hot women because they have a lot of money. I think it's dumb, but I'm not hating.