I would definitely be in favor of the towels, however. Not for the whole stadium (we tried that for Michigan and I saw plenty old people with a look of "the hell do I do with this?") but at least for the student section. That Wisconsin game was a ton of fun and those towels were a really cool sight.

Plus, it would look a lot cooler this time around since it's a day game where you'll actually be able to see the towels.

I would definitely be in favor of the towels, however. Not for the whole stadium (we tried that for Michigan and I saw plenty old people with a look of "the hell do I do with this?") but at least for the student section. That Wisconsin game was a ton of fun and those towels were a really cool sight.

Plus, it would look a lot cooler this time around since it's a day game where you'll actually be able to see the towels.

Wisconsin was a night game and they were plenty visible.

Yeah, I thought they were too for the most part, when I watched the game on DVR

Somewhat, if the camera is zoomed in enough. The top half of south stadium looks completely dark during night games, so you're losing all those students. I'm talking about if the camera shows allllll of that part of the stadium, you'd be able to see it really well at the UCLA game.

. . .and what better way than to represent our Blackshirts.

Do we call them that even before they earn the Blackshirts?

what's in a name? that which we call a blackshirt. by any other name would be as porous.

jk, i have high hopes for our defense this season. i think they will surprise the big 10.

• Fire 1

I like the idea and think that things like this appeal to the kids we are recruiting. For the record I have been a fan for 30+ years and do not think it will ruin the "sea of red tradition" at all. BUT the :01 shirt I had for the (IIRC) red out around the world against UT was gone faster than Martinez on a zone read. That whole thing didn't play out well at all. I am now leery about any "official" attempt to rile the fan base up. Stand up, be loud. That is the key. Turn Memorial into a hostile place for teams to play. I think Bo has really made inroads last year embracing the fans. I hope this continues to improve.

• Fire 1

Somewhat, if the camera is zoomed in enough. The top half of south stadium looks completely dark during night games, so you're losing all those students. I'm talking about if the camera shows allllll of that part of the stadium, you'd be able to see it really well at the UCLA game.

I see where youre coming from now.

Well I let this stew for an entire afternoon. I am new to the forum and wanted to gauge people thought process before being branded an overly excited fan with some radical idea. If it came down to wearing a blackshirt as a fan to guarantee no home losses this year, and being stubborn and sticking to red to see how things play out the traditionalists would win out. I get it, we have gotten used to the idea of not setting ourselves up for failure. It's unfortunate. I attended the 2010 Texas game and suffered the consequences of what was nearly a gimme win over a team that shouldn't have shown up. But we lost because of over confidence. This year that is not the case. We have a young Defense that could use all the help it can get. Half the players lining up to defend their territory this season will be Freshmen who have never taken the field on a Husker Gameday. Why not show them a little support in the form of something unique and new. Look I get it, most people are stuck in their ways and will ultimately refuse to adapt to the times. The stupidest part about this is that if the opponent were a higher profile team and the university itself asked its fans to show up wearing friggin tye-dye, we would be there in a hearbeat waving peace signs and releasing doves. But no, this is just a small group of people saying "Hey since its an alternate uniform night and we need to continue our streak of no losses at home, lets show a little extra incentive and wear what the players we love to watch are wearing." Those of you who reject the idea are no less fans than those of us who agree a couple of novelties go a long way towards landing a 5 star as opposed to a 2 star. I'm more than willing to debate the times have changed and as a fan base we need to adapt to help our team in any way possible. If I have to personally go and stand on O street with a sign on my neck that says "Sign with Nebraska, We've got better corn!" all I'll ask is where to pick my sign up. The kids these days love the alternate uniform craze, just go with it. Does straying from tradition for one weekend really kill 5 national championships, 3 Heisman trophies, and one of the top winning programs of all time? No. It just supports the idea that we as fans are willing to go the extra mile to support our team. True, without the universities support this idea will likely not gain much traction. But then again we as a fan base are supposedly on of the greatest in the nation so lets see it. I will be attending this game and I will be wearing black to support the team that day, I assume most people will debate whether or not to wear the crossbones that day in honor of the special uniforms. I hope its a special day, a win, and a national display of what could be a special season. So please, naysayers, keep your negative comments to yourselves. Don't tell our defense its unproven and unreliable. Instead say we believe in you and we can't wait to watch you develop. In closing, all I can say is 3 weeks to go and Gooooo Biiiiiiiiig Reeeeeeed!

• Fire 1