I knew that we have some seriously uptight fans but I didn't know they knew how to use the internet at their old age. It's a frickin uniform people. It's also 2013 and a playoff begins next year. Times they are a changing so get with it or pipe the hell down. Let the kids enjoy themselves for one frickin day by wearing something exciting and new. If it's such a damn strain for you to wear black then please by all means wear your red like we all do 99% of the time. Now, eat your rice patty and drink your Arnold Palmer and knock the "Black's not a school color" crap off. Yikes, some people.

Who are you posting this in response to because I have not seen a single person in here criticize the uniforms? The general consensus on this board is in favor of the alternates.

You are wearing your welcome out in a hurry.

• Fire 1

I knew that we have some seriously uptight fans but I didn't know they knew how to use the internet at their old age. It's a frickin uniform people. It's also 2013 and a playoff begins next year. Times they are a changing so get with it or pipe the hell down. Let the kids enjoy themselves for one frickin day by wearing something exciting and new. If it's such a damn strain for you to wear black then please by all means wear your red like we all do 99% of the time. Now, eat your rice patty and drink your Arnold Palmer and knock the "Black's not a school color" crap off. Yikes, some people.

Who are you posting this in response to because I have not seen a single person in here criticize the uniforms? The general consensus on this board is in favor of the alternates.

That's what I'm thinking. In favor or not, a civil converstation was just made uncivil.

tumblr_m9ycg80exk1qjczh3o1_500.gif

• Fire 1

I love Arnold Palmers!!!!

Seriously though, where did this come from? Nobody was talking about the uniforms...besides, if it's a hot day--you can bet I'm not wearing black.

Eating a "rice paddy" is a lot of rice.

Arnold Palmer's are refreshing.

Telling people to get with times yet having a username harking back to a team that played 17 years ago is pretty awesome.

So yeah, I'm not really surprised you want to do something "fresh new and exciting" which at this point I'm pretty sure a alternate uniform or a "black-out" isn't.

• Fire 3

Telling people to get with times yet having a username harking back to a team that played 17 years ago is pretty awesome.

So yeah, I'm not really surprised you want to do something "fresh new and exciting" which at this point I'm pretty sure a alternate uniform or a "black-out" isn't.

helpful.gif

• Fire 1

helpful.gif

I keep watching it over and over again, hoping that I can see the aftermath.

That's what I'm thinking. In favor or not, a civil converstation was just made uncivil.

Agree. I don't come here THAT often and even I have seen no less than 17 of the 'black out' post suggestions......and for some reason, the point isn't getting across and being taken incredibly personal!

I had a long drawn out response but realized that was unecessary. The main problem is that every football fan thinks they are are smarter than the next so sarcasm plays out alot in these boards. Honestly I regret even starting this thread. Wear red. Its funny that makes some peole feel like more of a fan than the guy wearing black. I didnt mean to offend anyone who wasnt being a sarcastic snob so take that for what its worth.

I had a long drawn out response but realized that was unecessary. The main problem is that every football fan thinks they are are smarter than the next so sarcasm plays out alot in these boards. Honestly I regret even starting this thread. Wear red. Its funny that makes some peole feel like more of a fan than the guy wearing black. I didnt mean to offend anyone who wasnt being a sarcastic snob so take that for what its worth.

1995 Redux, providing Nebraska message boards examples of irony for 48 whole hours!

I honestly don't know if this guy has actually read a single post in this thread other than his own. It's like he closed his eyes for a few days, guessed what people would respond with, and replied.

• Fire 1

'Landlord of Memorial Stadium

"You should stop."

-Came across as rude, maybe I read too much into it.

Bye Bye Big XII

"I have an idea. It's kind of crazy, so bear with me. For the UCLA game, let's all wear red. Let's all stand up and be loud for four quarters. I know, crazy."

-Ok, not a fan of Blackshirt wearing. Ironic since picture is a black jersey. Clearly likes sarcasm.

knapplc

"Nothing better to wear on a hot late summer day than a black top while crammed into a stadium with 90,000 of your best friends. If there wasn't much breeze we'd probably have about 50 people carted out of there by the paramedics."

-I keep hearing this excuse but I don't really buy it as reasonable. Why don't more people wear white then?

Goal-Line

"Because NU does not have black as one of the two school colors. I am also opposed to the players wearing alternate uniforms. Gimmicks don't win games. Coaching, talented players, effort and pride wing games. I, for one, will be clad in Husker Red. "

-Maybe it's not official but it is a part of a longstanding tradition. Not a valid point in my opinion. Seriously? against something fun for the players? Gimmicks don't hurt either.

2ndNnine

"I hereby nominate 1995 Redux for King of the Intertrons for his fresh and innovative blechout idear."

-I'm assuming this was meant to be sarcastic?

Thats all on top of the smart ass internet memes. So basically what I take away from this is..........nothing really. Absolutely pointless to argue with people online. Enjoy the thread, I'm out.

Even though I personally think it's not entirely a bad idea...

it's a bad idea.

If for no other reason that you've got at least 50,000 season-ticket holding fans over the age of Jurassic that only wear black at Aunt Edith or Cousin Henry's funeral, and aren't about to start doing it at a Husker game when they have perfectly fine hand-knitted red cardigans to wear.

It's the same every.single.year. Student section might do it. Very few others will. Just the way it is. This is Nebraska, where nothing changes. Not Oregon, where everything changes. A little good and bad in everything, I guess.