Why the Big Ten is behind the SEC

Eh, five of the SEC states that voted college don't have an NFL team. Only two that voted college have an NFL team to compete against - same as the B1G.

I'm not sure it's surprising that the Vikings, Packers, Bears, Colts, Steelers and Eagles are more popular than their college counterparts.

• Fire 2

Kentucky's NFL football team is the Bengals just like Iowa's is Da Bears.

Bengals > Bears(at least this year)

They are STILL more excited about college football.

And Nebraska's is the Broncos or the Chiefs, depending on which end of the state your're on. Doesn't mean everyone follows them as closely as if the team was truly local.

And Nebraska's is the Broncos or the Chiefs, depending on which end of the state your're on. Doesn't mean everyone follows them as closely as if the team was truly local.

Then something is wrong with Iowa. Da Bears stink, they are hours away and they still care more about Chicago football

Then something is wrong with Iowa. Da Bears stink, they are hours away and they still care more about Chicago football

You'll get no argument from me on that. But then again, their other choice is the Hawkeyes so ....

The answer is obvious. Anyplace where people are more excited about the NFL is a weird place or they have no viable college team to get excited about. I just love the excitement of college ball. On the other hand, the NFL is little more than a business. Free agency, huge contracts, and relocations ruined the game. I'll take the atmosphere of a college game any day.

Eh, five of the SEC states that voted college don't have an NFL team. Only two that voted college have an NFL team to compete against - same as the B1G.

I'm not sure it's surprising that the Vikings, Packers, Bears, Colts, Steelers and Eagles are more popular than their college counterparts.

Beat me to it. +1

Nobody cares about the Chiefs anymore it's the Packer or the Vikings now.

Also this: http://unconformities.blogspot.com/2008/10/bad-map-bad-bad-map.html but how do we reconcile football success and higher education academic standards to this map: http://willcooleyfanclub.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-3-affronts-to-education-in-america.html that shows SEC states receiving a D or F grade. It just shows they know how to play the game to keep kids eligible that probably don't belong at an institution of higher learning.