Name your favorite football movie

It's a tie between Brian's Song and Remember the Titans for me.

Good call on Brian's Song --- that is a great movie and a really cool story in that it is a reflection of real players. It is so much a life story that the football part almost seems secondary. Perhaps that is why so few have noted this fine movie.

Remember the Titans is good, but I have seen it so many times I can't hardly stand watching it anymore. The older I get the less I like Denzel Washington as an actor also. The Best of Times is a great stupid movie. Robin Williams and Curt Russell are great in it. "When Reno Hightower was a Dick he was the greatest QB in Kern Co." Best line in the whole movie. North Dallas Forty is a great movie also. The Replacements is stupid, but I like it.

To anyone that is a fan of Friday Night Lights (the movie), I would really recommend reading the book. It's not a novel - it's a journalistic non-fiction piece following that 1988 Permian team and it's just gripping. It's about so much more than football - racism, politics, big oil, and a really sobering look at the madness of rural high-school football.

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to get your typing to return on this site. I can't space anything out. Any suggestions?

There is a little toggle switch in the top left corner of the typing box. Flip it down and you should be good to go.

Thanks that fixed it.

Something about hockey seems to make for better movies. Miracle, Slap Shot, Goon, Mystery Alaska....those are hard to beat sports movies.

the ducks trilogy.

i would have to say 'any given sunday'.

also, am i the only one who thinks 'rudy' is way overrated? matt turman was more rudy than rudy could ever be. not to mention the movie is heavily fabricated.