2013 NFL Discussion Thread

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

CBS's NFL Deal Means More Phil Simms, The Return Of Saturday Football

What this means:

• More Phil Simms and Jim Nantz. I hope you like them. (You don't.) CBS's lead broadcasting duo will call every game, even the ones on the NFL Network. But NFL Network talent will appear on the pregame, halftime, and postgame shows.
  • The other networks' Thursday programming is about to get wrecked. Yes, Thursday games tend to be sloppy and boring, and yes, players hate them, but people watch. Despite NFL Network being available in only 72 million homes, Thursday Night Football invariably wins the night on cable, and comes close to the top-rated network shows. On CBS, it will dominate.
  • The return of Saturday football! Once upon a time not so long ago, when college football's regular season ended, the NFL would air a few late-season games on Saturday night. That's coming back—the contract actually stipulates 14 Thursday games and two Saturday games. December Saturdays will be a bit less dreary.

The other networks' Thursday programming is about to get wrecked. Yes, Thursday games tend to be sloppy and boring, and yes, players hate them, but people watch. Despite NFL Network being available in only 72 million homes, Thursday Night Football invariably wins the night on cable, and comes close to the top-rated network shows. On CBS, it will dominate.
if they could align thursday night games to be played after the teams' bye weeks, player would probably love them. i always loved when neb. did that. you get so much more out of your bye week that way. two weeks off from football is a lot. two week-and-a-half is perfect.
The other networks' Thursday programming is about to get wrecked. Yes, Thursday games tend to be sloppy and boring, and yes, players hate them, but people watch. Despite NFL Network being available in only 72 million homes, Thursday Night Football invariably wins the night on cable, and comes close to the top-rated network shows. On CBS, it will dominate.
if they could align thursday night games to be played after the teams' bye weeks, player would probably love them. i always loved when neb. did that. you get so much more out of your bye week that way. two weeks off from football is a lot. two week-and-a-half is perfect.

I've always thought that would make sense too