Adam Taylor to Redshirt

Does anyone else have a gut feeling this has a lot to do with his previous injury? Maybe it's getting sore or somethin? That maybe it's bothering him a bit? He was doing so well and makin some noise and then just pretty much fell off map to Newby. I'm just still really kinda surprised by this and pretty much just searching for reasons.

I should also clarify that it not bothering me. We're gonna be fine at the position and quite frankly, it's a good thing in the long run anyways. I always thought that one of them two should redshirt, I just always thought it would be Newby. But I guess I was looking at it from the wrong perspective. Newby's style allows for him to get on the field this young in the return game and as a utility type player etc as opposed to an every down back. With Abdullah emerging and Cross having the ability to be the thumper type, it probably is best for Taylor to take the redshirt.

At the risk of patting myself on the back, I brought this up somewhere in a previous thread that I would redshirt him just to make sure the knee is 100% good to go. I know playing football in Texas has some good competition, but the collegiate level brings a lot more punishment.

If you're not 100%, give it a year and do what you need to do to get there.

Does anyone else have a gut feeling this has a lot to do with his previous injury? Maybe it's getting sore or somethin? That maybe it's bothering him a bit? He was doing so well and makin some noise and then just pretty much fell off map to Newby. I'm just still really kinda surprised by this and pretty much just searching for reasons.

I should also clarify that it not bothering me. We're gonna be fine at the position and quite frankly, it's a good thing in the long run anyways. I always thought that one of them two should redshirt, I just always thought it would be Newby. But I guess I was looking at it from the wrong perspective. Newby's style allows for him to get on the field this young in the return game and as a utility type player etc as opposed to an every down back. With Abdullah emerging and Cross having the ability to be the thumper type, it probably is best for Taylor to take the redshirt.

I was actually thinking it had more to do with Imani Cross & his development. Like it was stated above not worth throwing a year away, If hes not going to get the carries its better to redshirt him.

Absolutely nothing to do with his ability. He could play, although limited snaps because of a logjam. Newby can get the ball different ways, so it's not fair to compare and say Newby is better. They are very good at their respective skills.

Cethan Carter's tweet is somewhat telling and I've seen a few people in the know mention it as well, even brought up by girlknowsfootball Cethan said Taylor is the strongest person he knows benches 500 but can only squat 250. I think he thinks it would be better to redshirt and be as strong and as fast as possible vs wasting a year getting minimal carries when he's not quite where he's going to be strength wise later in his career. Very smart move IMO.

• Fire 1

I think this says more about Cross's development than about Adam's lack of development. He'd play on 95% of BCS teams this season. I just hope he sees the light, and doesn't think the grass is greener elsewhere. Yeldon's waited behind Lacy, Lacy behind Richardson, Richardson behind Ingram...this is what the Husker RB group is shaping up to become. It's a committee. Put in your time, and you'll be the "man". Then you'll make your $$.

• Fire 2

Newby will take Cross's carries. Except the goal-line carries.

Totally different types of RBs. One of the reasons Taylor is redshirting is that HE is more the same type as Cross.

I am aware of that. But I am still saying that Newby will have more carries and meaningful carries then Cross.

For example of what i mean is Newby will have more 100 yrd rushing days this season the Cross will have 60 yrd days.