Depth Chart for WYO Game is here!

ESPY

Account, again we are talking about different things. Too many players get down graded because they are too short for normal convention. Heck yes, I want tall a player, but if I am watching film and see a kid that looks good, but is a little short I am not going to stop recruiting them. Guys that are a little shorter are used to playing against taller guys in many instances. It is just one of the obstacles they have to overcome.

I know this. It is different things. Also, in your defense, there is also such a thing as too tall. Football is still a leverage game in the trenches. That's why our shorter lineman back in the 90's were so dominant. We ran the ball a lot, and ran it right at people. Used more of a power scheme as opposed to all this stretch and zone schemes we see today. Todays brand is more about length and reach. Back then it was about leverage and strength. So yes, we are comparing apples to radishes. But i feel as if we both got our points across. We cool?

Account, again we are talking about different things. Too many players get down graded because they are too short for normal convention. Heck yes, I want tall a player, but if I am watching film and see a kid that looks good, but is a little short I am not going to stop recruiting them. Guys that are a little shorter are used to playing against taller guys in many instances. It is just one of the obstacles they have to overcome.

I know this. It is different things. Also, in your defense, there is also such a thing as too tall. Football is still a leverage game in the trenches. That's why our shorter lineman back in the 90's were so dominant. We ran the ball a lot, and ran it right at people. Used more of a power scheme as opposed to all this stretch and zone schemes we see today. Todays brand is more about length and reach. Back then it was about leverage and strength. So yes, we are comparing apples to radishes. But i feel as if we both got our points across. We cool?

Never were not Cool! :wasted

Never were not Cool! :wasted

Good. I'm not a radish fan either.

Amazing how people have "complained" about our last couple recruiting cycles for some reason or another, and yet, most of them will in fact be in the two deep this season..

That, my friends, is progress.

Yep. Paps said that on the DL, he sees little if any drop off with the #2 guys. Deepest we have been. Being able to rotate big bodies and keep fresh with little drop off will bode well as we get into this season.

I like what I see on the chart. Speed across the board, per reports. I also like the ST guys. Looks like we are getting guys back there who can take it to the house. Also seems the staff has faith in our depth at the skill positions.

GBR!!!!!!!!!

The listed weights are from when they checked in for summer workouts.

I think I can handle mistakes from our young guys on defense as long as they don't look hesitant and play 100mph. It is exciting just thinking about the future when we have this many young ones in the 2 deep.