What we learned today...

walksalone

Taylor looks hesitant. It almost looks like the coaches have told him to keep his bag of tricks for the big boys. For example, there were MANY times tonight where he would have had 6 on the zone read had he kept it, but handed it off every time. I'm hoping that is the case and not Taylor having issues reading.

The Oline better step their sh#t up.

I wonder if he is avoiding running because of a shoulder injury.

That we should never blitz both backers if its going to result in Avery Moss covering the back on a wheel route...that just wont work ....EVER!

This is a Pelini play that opposing coaches have caught on to. It used to work a few years ago.

Sometimes it isn't necessarily that the DE is man on the running back, it's that he has to follow the running back if he goes out for a pass. Which defensive end it is depends on which side the running back is on.

I did notice that sometimes when Moss was covering, there was still a deep safety. Pelini likes keeping his guys back there, but IMO, if you're blitzing, you're taking a risk anyways.

This isn't just a Pelini thing...we used to do this in high school on certain defensive packages...DE mans the RB out of the backfield, safety drops down for run support.

I know, but Cooper stayed back deep on a few of those plays. I'm saying I'd prefer if he'd blitz or let Moss free to go after the QB while Cooper mans the guy out of the backfield.

I learned our three rb's, (4 if you count AT), have each a seperate skill set that will make the offense very versatile further down the road with B1G defenses.

Randy Gregory is reminiscent of a taller Demarcus Ware.

The defense showed fly around capabilities when playing with confidence.

Mohammed seisay is a big hit away from balling out and having the light fully come on.

I agree, until you get to the part about Seisay. He is our 5th best corner right now.

Maybe. Just doesn't seem to have the quickness to cover out of the slot. Probably better suited to play on the outside but he's not one of our top two or three out there either.

Taylor looks hesitant. It almost looks like the coaches have told him to keep his bag of tricks for the big boys. For example, there were MANY times tonight where he would have had 6 on the zone read had he kept it, but handed it off every time. I'm hoping that is the case and not Taylor having issues reading.

That may be a small part of it but he was doing it last week before the injury as well.

That may be a small part of it but he was doing it last week before the injury as well.

In another thread someone mentioned that TM hurt his left shoulder in practice and aggravated in the Wyoming game. I have no idea if this is true.