What we learned today...

walksalone

I learned our three rb's, (4 if you count AT), have each a seperate skill set that will make the offense very versatile further down the road with B1G defenses.

Randy Gregory is reminiscent of a taller Demarcus Ware.

The defense showed fly around capabilities when playing with confidence.

Mohammed seisay is a big hit away from balling out and having the light fully come on.

I agree, until you get to the part about Seisay. He is our 5th best corner right now.

I learned Stanley Jean-Baptiste is one of those corners who is going to fight for any ball in the air. A reminder of 2003 when Pelini had Bullocks. Foltz may actually have a bionic foot. Enunwa is the emotional leader of the offense and is going to have a great year. We have great players at each level of the defense again and a very active defense. Only real concern from this game was the number of 3rd & longs our offense was in.

Unfortunately, Santos may have been ruined mentally for a while being part of that mess a year ago.

I learned that unnecessary and illogical message board meltdowns can in fact provoke inspired performances.

Sure, that's why it happened. The holier than thou super fans are more annoying than the Debbie Downers.

It was unnecessary and illogical like I said. I tried to respond to some things last weekend with general perspective. I understand what folks are saying tonight. True is 100% correct. Cautious optimism. We did what we were supposed to do tonight, regardless who it was against. What went on here over the past week was asenine on numerous angles. It's not about holier than thou fans and debbie downers. It's about complete idiots and tools that were already writing of the entire season based on one game-or 7 sh**ty minutes. That's all.

Yeah, but I'd give her face a 10.

Pelini was right...as there was some growth from week 1 to week 2.

That we are sometimes so fast on offense, it looked on a few plays that half our team didn't realize the ball was snapped.

It's going to be a fun season to watch because of the uncertainty each week.

Finally that I have unrealistic high standards for our offense, because I feel like we could have scored on every possession if we knuckled down and got after it each play. But, I'm learning because I still enjoy what we have. I feel so spoiled that I can have such high standards, especially after looking around the rest of the B1G.

I learned that the Kansas City Royals have a legit shot at getting a Wild Card spot...

...and that we really know little about this year's Nebraska team until we play a quality opponent and open up the play book. :). Until then, it's all wild ass conjecture and a fun ride. As long as our coaches keep these kids focused and grounded, I believe they will succeed.

Oh, and late last night, we learned that Mormons can help ignite karmic dumpster fires. :)

Anyone else slightly worries about the o line? For all the hype about it being the best in the Pelini era they seem very ordinary. Everyone points to the running yards as a sign they are good, but I think our RBs really cover up a lot of poorly blocked plays. It's the biggest area of concern I have on O, especially when we start playing the really talented d lines.

That we should never blitz both backers if its going to result in Avery Moss covering the back on a wheel route...that just wont work ....EVER!

This is a Pelini play that opposing coaches have caught on to. It used to work a few years ago.

Sometimes it isn't necessarily that the DE is man on the running back, it's that he has to follow the running back if he goes out for a pass. Which defensive end it is depends on which side the running back is on.

I did notice that sometimes when Moss was covering, there was still a deep safety. Pelini likes keeping his guys back there, but IMO, if you're blitzing, you're taking a risk anyways.

Taylor looks hesitant. It almost looks like the coaches have told him to keep his bag of tricks for the big boys. For example, there were MANY times tonight where he would have had 6 on the zone read had he kept it, but handed it off every time. I'm hoping that is the case and not Taylor having issues reading.

The Oline better step their sh#t up.