Imani's Run

robsker

Only one thing bugs me after rewatching this, and after watching the Denver-Baltimore game last night. After getting into the endzone he drops his hands to his side and drops the ball on the ground. I know it doesn't cost us here, but if he does this just a second earlier it's a touchback and ball to Wyoming.

I didn't remember noticing this earlier, I'm so used to seeing Burkhead, Martinez, Bell, etc all either hand the ball to the ref or toss it to the ref.

Did you notice Jamal Turner blocking? JT was just as impressive as Imani.

On second watch...wow! He stuck with his guy for a good 4-5 seconds and kept smacking him when Imani was long gone.

I was thinking the same thing!!

I like this. I have always believed that DBs don't like getting hit by blockers and over the course of the game it make them less aggressive.

Only one thing bugs me after rewatching this, and after watching the Denver-Baltimore game last night. After getting into the endzone he drops his hands to his side and drops the ball on the ground. I know it doesn't cost us here, but if he does this just a second earlier it's a touchback and ball to Wyoming.

I didn't remember noticing this earlier, I'm so used to seeing Burkhead, Martinez, Bell, etc all either hand the ball to the ref or toss it to the ref.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not...but it looked to me like he didin't drop the ball until he was 8 yards into the end zone. That should never be a problem.

• Fire 3

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not...but it looked to me like he didin't drop the ball until he was 8 yards into the end zone. That should never be a problem.

I don't like that he dropped the ball.

I'm used to seeing our players hand it directly to the ref. dropping it could bite us in the ass.

I'm used to seeing our players hand it directly to the ref. dropping it could bite us in the ass.

i think you're joking. You're joking, right? Right?

I can't be the only one that watched the Denver/Baltimore game.

Dropping the ball is a bad habit.i personally don't like it because it is unnecessary and can change a TD into a turnover.

I can't believe you have such a problem with something that I mentioned bugs me.

Dropping the ball is a bad habit.i personally don't like it because it is unnecessary and can change a TD into a turnover.

I can't believe you have such a problem with something that I mentioned bugs me.

Geez, the guy was EIGHT FREAKIN YARDS INTO THE END ZONE! Perhaps he should carry it back to his dorm room?

• Fire 2

I don't know if bringing up a week old thread is a no-no. If it is I'm sorry.

Anyways...Imani Cross needs more rushing attempts. Just 3 in this game. 17 total. Ameer and Newby have 36 and 23 respectively. Imani brings a new look to the defense. He's more agile this year and easily our strongest back. He pushes piles and gets the hard yards Ameer and Newby are less capable of getting. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but so far he's the only of the three without a fumble. This guy is good and it kills me to see him getting passed up. Spread the love.

I don't know if bringing up a week old thread is a no-no. If it is I'm sorry.

Anyways...Imani Cross needs more rushing attempts. Just 3 in this game. 17 total. Ameer and Newby have 36 and 23 respectively. Imani brings a new look to the defense. He's more agile this year and easily our strongest back. He pushes piles and gets the hard yards Ameer and Newby are less capable of getting. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but so far he's the only of the three without a fumble. This guy is good and it kills me to see him getting passed up. Spread the love.

Actually he fumbled against Wyoming, but semantics aside, I agree with your principle. I am aware that Abdullah is a leader and our most experienced back (not to mention he fits our offense the best), but it's so painfully obvious to me that Cross should be getting more touches- which would come away from Abdullah (and Newby)- heck, if Abdullah didn't fit our offense so well, I'd much rather have Cross starting.

Abdullah seems kind of like a feast or famine guy. And Newby is his clone. I think Cross can be a guy we can lean on to reliably move the chains. That's one thing we're missing without Rex.

I do agree with this, we need to see Imani more. He is a beast with much improved speed imo. I do think Abdullah is a great back who can always make the first guy miss which is a very important thing for RBs. He fights for the extra yards, he is a scrappy dude. Not sure if you guys noticed how mad and frustrated he seemed in the 3rd quarter yesterday. I love the motor he has, sometimes it can get the best of him and make him try to do too much and fumble.