***Official "Bash Wisconsin" Thread***

Excel

I like how people think this is somehow Wisconsin's fault when clearly the refs f'd it up. There's multiple angles showing Stave's knee is down. The officials stood around, confused, and let the clock roll with Sun Devil defenders laying on it.

Blaming refs is an easy out though. We deserved to lose. Played pretty mediocre, especially parts of our secondary, all game.

I'm referring more to the last play of the game. Wisconsin didn't botch that, the refs did. They should have had another play.

I know and they did screw us out of a chance to win but we never should have been in a position to get jobbed to begin with.

This is no different than the KSU game where Crouch got his head ripped off the last play which I think was a 4th down. The penalty would have given us a first down and a chance to win the game.

Who knows if we would have. But, the refs totally screwing up their job didn't give us the chance we should have had.

Wisconsin could say the same thing here. Both teams shouldn't have been in that situation. But, at the end of the game, the refs took away the chance for them to try to pull it out.

Did we hate him? It was mixed at the time.

Things we liked about Bielema:

Hand picked by Alvarez

Three Rose Bowl trips and three B1G Championships

10-2 against rivals

Recruited to our system well

Seemed to enjoy murdering Minnesota

Won some real memorable games - 2010 OSU, 2011 NU and MSU, 2012 NU

Things we didn't like:

Horrid bowl record

Had a Hawkeye tattoo

Played down to a lot of bad competition early in seasons

Went 6-10 against conference big 3 (PSU, OSU and UM) despite their respective down years. Absolutely horrible 1-5 v OSU, Barry went 5-7-1

Was a jerk and we all knew it, but felt like he was our jerk so it was ok

Jen Bielema

That windbreaker

So there were ups and downs, it was painful how he left especially after a big win in that he took what is pretty much a lateral promotion to a school he won't do nearly as well at. In the end I'm glad he's gone and feel that Andersen is a better coach, I just hope that Barry and UW agree to start paying assistants more, that's one thing BB was right about.

I don't hate him, I don't really care. He's not as good a coach as his record makes him appear and he will either get fired from Arky or jump ship to Iowa when that job opens and he's on the razorback hot seat. He can tell the folks down there that he's found his destination job but it's BS, Iowa is and always will be where he wants to go.

Thanks, Bucky. Interesting perspective.

And I don't think he'll be as successful at Arkansas as he was in the B10. Wisconsin was consistently a top-tier program. Arkansas, not so much. Just in recruiting, he's right in the middle of Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, and Bama. Hard to recruit to that.

I agree completely, he's going to get murdered in the West. Not only does he have to directly compete with A&M, Bama, LSU and a resurgent Auburn (more of a threat than Ole Miss in the long run) he has to fight OU and UT in recruiting as well. He's screwed. Every coach in the West is better than him and half of the East is as well. He will never even win his division.

Bielema is going to be the successor to Ferentz

Do you think Iowa will make a bad decision 2x in a row?

They like giving big money to people who don't deserve it. I know they would like to get one of the Stoops boys(either the one at FSU or UK since Bob isn't leaving OU). I don't think they go there so they settle for Bert

And I don't think he'll be as successful at Arkansas as he was in the B10. Wisconsin was consistently a top-tier program. Arkansas, not so much. Just in recruiting, he's right in the middle of Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, and Bama. Hard to recruit to that.

They were? :moreinteresting

They were? :moreinteresting

Definitely not top-tier nationally, its debatable about within the conference though. I'd say Ohio State, in the last 20 years, has probably been in a tier of its own, Nine Conference Championships, while Wisconsin has the second most at six so probably in a pretty strong middle tier. My feeling is that the Wisconsin to Arkansas jump was really a lateral move:

Conference Record (last 20 years)

Arkansas: 79-90

Wisconsin: 101-66

Conference Championships (last 20 years)

Arkansas: 0

Wisconsin: 6

Conference Championships Overall

Arkansas: 13

Wisconsin: 14

Overall Record (last 20 years)

Arkansas: 141-112

Wisconsin: 179-83

Overall Record

Arkansas: 682-464

Wisconsin: 647-478

BCS Games

Arkansas: 1 (0-1)

Wisconsin: 5 (2-3)

National Championships

Arkansas: 1

Wisconsin: 0*

Heisman Winners

Arkansas: 0

Wisconsin: 2

All Americans

Arkansas: 23

Wisconsin: 22

Bowl Records

Arkansas: 13-23-3

Wisconsin: 11-13

Coaches Rankings last 20 years

Finished season ranked - Arkansas 5, Wisconsin 12

Finished Season top 10 - Arkansas 1, Wisconsin 5

Finished Season top 5 - Arkansas 1, Wisconsin 4

AP Rankings last 20 years

Finished season ranked - Arkansas 5, Wisconsin 11

Finished Season top 10 - Arkansas 1, Wisconsin 5

Finished Season top 5 - Arkansas 1, Wisconsin 1

Stadiums:

Wisconsin, Camp Randall (1917) 80,321

Arkansas, Donald W. Renyolds (1938) 70,000

States:

Arkansas: 2,949,000. Famous for - Johnny Cash, Jerry Jones, John Grisham, Bill Clinton, Wal-Mart

Wisconsin: 5,726,000. Famous for - Chris Farley, Stephen Ambrose, Frank Lloyd Wright, Georgia O'Keefe, Frederick Jackson Turner, Golda Meir, Miller, Pabst, Leinenkugel, Schlitz and Heileman's, Harley Davidson, The Onion

Cities:

Fayetteville: 463,000 Metro, City Data Crime Index 315.6, Poverty rate 24%, Median Income: $34k, Population with at least a Bachelors or higher: 42%, Number of Bars listed on Google: 754, Religions - 49% Baptist, 13% Methodist, 12% Catholic

Madison: 568,000 Metro, City Data Crime Index 257.4, Poverty rate 19%, Median Income: $53k, Population with at least a Bachelors or higher: 53%, Number of Bars listed on Google: 2,347, Religions - 53% Catholic, 26% Lutheran

Arkansas is a top ten team revenue wise in football while Wisconsin is top 20. Overall athletically Wisconsin hovers in or near the top 10 while Arkansas is in the mid 20s.

Arkansas obviously recruits better than us as far as rankings go.

Overall I think its a wash or a demotion if anything.

• 2 months later...