Out on a Limb...Hope it is not on the smoking Tree

Here you go:

Huskers are going to surprise the Bruised'ns and all of college football by dominating in next Saturday's game. To the tune of 45 - 23, with one of the UCLA touchdowns coming late in trash time when the game has already been decided.

T-Mart will be electric, hitting 75% of his passes and running for 80+ yds......no turnovers (for him or the entire team). At least two of our backs will hit 100+ yards. Enunwa will have a 60+ yd touchdown catch.

We will have 4 sacks, dozens of hurries and two interceptions. Hundley will not finish the game..either from injury or to save him from embarrassment.

Kenny Bell will have double digit receptions, two for touchdowns. He will have a legal knockout block on a kick return, a breathtaking Johnny Rodgers-esque run on an end around, and he will heal three lepers in the stands at half time.

In late 3rd quarter, TA will run a picture perfect option play to the right side, pitching at the last instant, sending Newby for a 30 yard TD scamper. Tom Osborne will storm out of the skyboxes and do a flying chest bump with Newby in the endzone. We will gladly take the penalty for excessive celebration as that will make it 38 - 13.

The young guns on D-Fence will look so much like the Husker defense of old that 14 of them and one crazed fan will all get blackshirts from Bo immediately after the game.

Mora will retire after shaking hands with Bo, and the Bruins will stick with soccer and volleyball for the next 20 years.

Man that freaking Kool Aid is delicious!!!!!

!!!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I'll have some of that.

Prior to Wy I really thought we'd have them easy. Then our D showed up. Feel better after Sat, but still not a real test. I would love to believe what I did the past few years that the staff was holding back and I'd see the beast unleashed the next week. Sadly next week never came and I realized as Jeckyl and Hyde as we were was the best we could be. There was nothing else to see as we were showing all we had. Good, bad and ugly. I will be shocked if we have something new for UCLA. I have been surprised by the "spinner" against Mizzou and the stand up Dline against MSU. Would love to see it, but am not getting my hopes up. Just want the win

You lost me at Enunwa having a 60yard TD. I still don't get why we sent Enunwa on a fly route in the So. Miss game instead of.....any of our other receivers that have speed.

The guy isn't a slouch, he does have some speed. But Turner or Bell would have been a better choice in my opinion.

You lost me at Enunwa having a 60yard TD. I still don't get why we sent Enunwa on a fly route in the So. Miss game instead of.....any of our other receivers that have speed.

The guy isn't a slouch, he does have some speed. But Turner or Bell would have been a better choice in my opinion.

Sorry..I was still in the trance from last night. I was so focused on all the other predictions I biffed on the Enunwa thing...should have been Turner.. :-)

a. I will be shocked if we have something new for UCLA. I have been surprised by the "spinner" against Mizzou and the stand up Dline against MSU. Would love to see it, but am not getting my hopes up. Just want the win

One thing I know for certain is that in Husker football, you never say never.

All I know is we're gonna have our work cut out for us against UCLA. That's a good football team and it could go either way for both teams. If Nebraska wants to win this game they have to play mistake free football. We just can't spot UCLA points off turnovers and our offense can't have those three and outs. So I just hope Beck throws the kitchen sink at them if he has to.

Third game of the season, can't hold anything back Brent.

A lot of what UCLA beat us with last year will be erased with the upgrade in speed on this years team. That is if they bring a similar game plan. A lot of those short crossing routes and HB passes out of the backfield won't be nearly as successful. Though So. Miss is not nearly as talented, I think they did try some things that we will see from UCLA. The difference will be Hundley. As all Husker fans know our success rate against mobile Qbs is not always good. Hundley is a very good one. Can we apply pressure without allowing open running lanes for him. This, and mistake free football will be key. We can't give them extra opportunities.

Fact is, Hundley will burn us a few times. QBs of his caliber will burn every team they play. The key is to not abandon what you're doing just because you get gashed a few times. Keep the heat turned up. The fires in these defensive players are lit. Keep letting them get after it, and though it might cost us a big play or two, I can guarantee you the pressure will force some big plays in our direction as well.

Here you go:

Huskers are going to surprise the Bruised'ns and all of college football by dominating in next Saturday's game. To the tune of 45 - 23, with one of the UCLA touchdowns coming late in trash time when the game has already been decided.

T-Mart will be electric, hitting 75% of his passes and running for 80+ yds......no turnovers (for him or the entire team). At least two of our backs will hit 100+ yards. Enunwa will have a 60+ yd touchdown catch.

We will have 4 sacks, dozens of hurries and two interceptions. Hundley will not finish the game..either from injury or to save him from embarrassment.

Kenny Bell will have double digit receptions, two for touchdowns. He will have a legal knockout block on a kick return, a breathtaking Johnny Rodgers-esque run on an end around, and he will heal three lepers in the stands at half time.

In late 3rd quarter, TA will run a picture perfect option play to the right side, pitching at the last instant, sending Newby for a 30 yard TD scamper. Tom Osborne will storm out of the skyboxes and do a flying chest bump with Newby in the endzone. We will gladly take the penalty for excessive celebration as that will make it 38 - 13.

The young guns on D-Fence will look so much like the Husker defense of old that 14 of them and one crazed fan will all get blackshirts from Bo immediately after the game.

Mora will retire after shaking hands with Bo, and the Bruins will stick with soccer and volleyball for the next 20 years.

Man that freaking Kool Aid is delicious!!!!!

!!!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I can actually see a score like this happening. I don't know about the rest, but the score sounds right