Hunter94

Player: Greg McElroy

Hometown: Carroll, TX

Position: QB

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 208

40 time: 4.89

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Kansas, Texas Tech., UNLV, Mississppi, Ole Miss. , Nebraska

Favorites: Committed to Texas Tech

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #11/ :star:star:star

Big Red Report: #37/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: He threw for 4,700 yards, completing over 60% of his passes, along with tossing 56 touchdownsin his senior year. He has excellent mechanics and technique. From what I see his decision making is pretty sharp and of course this is very important in the WCO. The one concern anyone would have is, in his films, all his throws are out of the shotgun. But that is not a major problem.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Gotta get a visit. Gotta make contact.

hello, I have read on hi that he would listen to what NU would have to say if NU called him

he is 6'2", 210, & throw for about 4,000 yds & 60 tds, on the nations #1 hs football team of southlake carroll hs, which was also #1 last yr w/ chase daniels as qb

he was a one yr starter at s lake carroll, is the #11 pro-style qb in the nation, & is committed to tt, along w/ the #13 pro-style qb 6'4", 210 taylor potts

his primary receiver at s lake carroll, was clint renfro 5'10", 160, jr., 24 ypc, son of former oiler & cowboy mike renfro

p.s. there is a rumor that he is upset that tt decided to offer another qb after he committed to them

does anyone have access to that article. I would love to read it.

haven't the QB's at tech lately been redshirting the first year, back up for 1-2 yrs then start their senior year.

it seems that every year for the last 3-4 years tech has had different starters.

this guy sounds awesome and it would be a nice to have but not a need to have this year just like freeman

This guy played pretty close to where I live so I've had a chance to see him play. He's very very underrated IMO. I think a lot of people believe his stats are because of the system. However, I've seen him make some very good throws and he appears to be a great leader on the sidelines. His school has won the 5A state title 3 of the last 4 years. While we're talking about this guy someone should check out his teammate. Running back Tre Newton. His dad is former Dallas Cowboy Nate Newton. The kid is amazing and he's only a sophmore.

<_< I find it interesting if true that he is trying to contact the hskrs. TT has a recruit from last year that passed for over 10,000 yard in texas, this kid is the next in line along with potts i think that some of these recruits want to be THE guy. We want character not characters..... this kid might have it... might not... time will tell with all of them. This much is for sure. You have to be able to throw the ball pretty well to pass for over 4600 yards in 5a football no matter what the sceme. Bring um on, the cream rises to the top.