Game 3 "Expert" Picks: UCLA vs. Nebraska

ADS

am i the only one who thinks having a bye week before this game is meaningless, if not counterproductive? it is week three. who is tired (other than clowney)? and like we were not planning any less for ucla because of wyo and so. miss. this is our biggest game until november and i would imagine the glorified scrimmage against so. miss helped us more than a bye helped ucla.

I agree with this 100%. It gave our young kids a chance to see that the mistakes that were made in the Wyoming game and worked on all week before So. Miss were productive. This is nothing but good for our young kids on defense. Seeing the hard work and corrective measure pay-off in a game should definitely give them a confidence boost if nothing else.

http://www.cbssports...s/straight-up/3

Dodd - UCLA

Feldman - Nebraska

Fowler - Nebraska

Fornelli - Nebraska

Hinnen - Nebraska

Patterson - UCLA

Machine - Nebraska

Dennis the Menace always predict Huskers will lose and sissy face Patterson too. I'm surprised two "experts" pick Illinois over Washington.

Haha, this is so true. Dennis Dodd seems to pick against us more than anyone. Although he's been right a lot recently

Benning said this morning that UCLA couldn't find hotel rooms in Omaha on thursday so they are forced to show up on Friday night stay in Omaha and bus to Lincoln the next morning. Say they get up at 5, that's 3 their time!!! This is a huge advantage don't care what Mora says, no one but us waterfowl hunters are used to getting up at 3 or 4.

I hope they have, no duck hunters

I doubt they show up Friday night, they will probably be in Lincoln no later than 2:00 PM on Friday, they may or may not do a

walk around practice and then see a movie or something. Don't be surprised if Mora shows up at Calvin Strong's game on Friday night.

This has to be crap.

Christ, I got my hotel room back in March.

Benning said this morning that UCLA couldn't find hotel rooms in Omaha on thursday so they are forced to show up on Friday night stay in Omaha and bus to Lincoln the next morning. Say they get up at 5, that's 3 their time!!! This is a huge advantage don't care what Mora says, no one but us waterfowl hunters are used to getting up at 3 or 4.

I doubt they show up Friday night, they will probably be in Lincoln no later than 2:00 PM on Friday, they may or may not do a

walk around practice and then see a movie or something. Don't be surprised if Mora shows up at Calvin Strong's game on Friday night.

This has to be crap.

But have you tried getting 100 hotel rooms in the same hotel?

http://www.cbssports...s/straight-up/3

Dodd - UCLA

Feldman - Nebraska

Fowler - Nebraska

Fornelli - Nebraska

Hinnen - Nebraska

Patterson - UCLA

Machine - Nebraska

Dennis the Menace always predict Huskers will lose and sissy face Patterson too. I'm surprised two "experts" pick Illinois over Washington.

Haha, this is so true. Dennis Dodd seems to pick against us more than anyone. Although he's been right a lot recently

Dodd is a Mizzou grad.

• Fire 1

What Will Happen: Nebraska is flawed. UCLA is focused. The Bruins have had two weeks to prepare for a Husker defense that still has a long way to go before achieving consistency. With Hundley in charge, the visitors will keep the sticks moving and the scoreboard changing. Nebraska can certainly hang with UCLA offensively, but not for 60 minutes. Barr and Kendricks will eventually do something disruptive that jars the ball loose and changes the tenor of the game. The Bruins are the more complete team right now, which will be the difference in the compelling Week 3 undercard to Alabama-Texas A&M.

Prediction: UCLA 41 … Nebraska 34

Line: Nebraska -4.5 – O/U: 71

Must See Rating: (5 Boardwalk Empire – 1 Teen Beach Movie) … 4.5

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1325254.html

Certainly can't argue with that prediction. Hate to say it, but that's a very likely outcome.

UCLA is focused?? They just a had a player that was f'ing killed (RIP). They took off practice on Tuesday from my understanding. Throw logic to the wind, right?

I have us losing on paper.. but thats not the point. UCLA's focus is what i'm addressing.

UCLA at Nebraska

Saturday, noon, ABC

The line: Nebraska (-4)

Bender: Nebraska 38-31

Bianchi: UCLA 31-30

Bradley: UCLA 35-31

Carter: Nebraska 23-17

Cooper: Nebraska 34-32

Greenstein: UCLA 34-31

Griffith: Nebraska 31-26

Hayes: Nebraska 30-27

King: Nebraska 28-27

Matter: Nebraska 27-21

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-09-11/alabama-vs-texas-am-week-3-picks-spread-nebraska-ucla-ole-miss-texas

This has to be crap.

Benning just reiterated that they tried to come in this morning but the hotel they wanted is booked. They know which hotel they stay at and confirmed its booked solid tonight. Made it sound like they weren't coming in til pretty late Friday.

I'll see if i can get some pics of them coming off the plane tomorrow, might even get Hundleys autograph if we end up taking them off the plane. Depends which charter they take. Either way I'll know exactly when they are coming when I go to work tomorrow.

ESPN PAC-12 Bloggers

Gemmell: By far the toughest game to pick this week. It all comes down to which defense can better contain the other’s quarterback. I think the bye week was a good thing for the Bruins, though this week will certainly be emotionally trying with the death of receiver Nick Pasquale. They have on film what they did right and wrong versus a mobile quarterback from the Nevada game. I think they put that film to good use. …UCLA 36, Nebraska 31.

Miller: Both teams have good offenses, but I think the UCLA defense is better. Further, I likeBrett Hundley to take control in the fourth quarter and Anthony Barr to make some game-changing plays against Taylor Martinez. … UCLA 40, Nebraska 31.

ESPN Big Ten Bloggers

Bennett: I've gone back and forth on this all week, but in the end I worry that Nebraska's home-field advantage won't be enough to overcome its youth on defense. Brett Hundleyamasses five total touchdowns, and the Huskers come up just short on their final drive.

UCLA 38- Nebraska 34

Rittenberg: Nebraska's defense remains a big concern, especially against Hundley, but with no Johnathan Franklin, the early kickoff and a long trip, I expect UCLA to be a big sluggish. Martinez delivers a turnover-free performance in a big game and finds Quincy Enunwa for the game-winning touchdown pass in the final minute. ... Nebraska 35, UCLA 34

Why do people think UCLA's defense is better than ours? From what I have read, they are very young like we are. Honestly, with a young defense, I would prefer to play games and NOT have a by week. These kids need game experience and I think we saw our team take a big step last week. Are they perfect? No. And, I expect both defenses at some point to make a mistake or two that young players make.

However, I'm confused on why so many people think UCLA's is better.

Why do people think UCLA's defense is better than ours? From what I have read, they are very young like we are. Honestly, with a young defense, I would prefer to play games and NOT have a by week. These kids need game experience and I think we saw our team take a big step last week. Are they perfect? No. And, I expect both defenses at some point to make a mistake or two that young players make.

However, I'm confused on why so many people think UCLA's is better.

Are you really confused? Because the answer is quite obvious - those people remember UCLA, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Georgia.